Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Apple Announcments
  • 47 Replies sorted by
  • What is everyone complaining about? Hardware design of Apple is state of the art. Other companies can match on specifications but only 1% of people really care about those.

Now, let's replace "Apple" for "Panasonic" or "Sony" and imagine that we are talking about TVs few years ago. Initially it seems that words are valid. Initially.

• What version of flash do the new iPad's run?

• I'm a Mac guy and always have been, but it's lame announcements like this that slowly cause me to stray. I now have an android tablet, I will probably get an android phone next, and if they don't come out with a new Mac Pro soon I might jump ship on the Mac's as well. The iMac is nice for some now that it has Nvidia graphics chips, but I need more horse power. I love FCPX, but if they don't give me my Mac Pro soon I'll relearn Premiere.

• @jpbturbo Adobe gave up on mobile flash app.

• @brian202020 +1. Have you looked into PP CS6? Quite nice. Adobe copied a lot from FCPX, and it can do more. But I'm waiting for CS 6.5. SpeedGrade integration sucks.

• @stonebat

I haven't decided to make the jump yet, so I haven't really looked into it yet. I like FCPX too much as well as OSX. I'm getting close tho. If the Mac Pro's don't come out at their next event in spring, I'll be looking to change, and I'll be doing a lot of research.

• I have to use Mac's because of Work as The Editing Package that is used is FCPX but for home a Good Mac pro is out of my Price Range and the Mac work Provided for Home Is SLOWWWWW so I am looking at the Hackintosh route.

• http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/24/phil-schiller-defends-ipad-mini-pricing-decision/

I think the reality here is Apple initially set the $329 mini iPad price to include Retina display, then decided to use the cheaper panel for more profit as they believe their customers will buy anything "New" with an Apple logo. No wonder Samsung said "No Thank You" you greedy ...

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/4964/samsung-will-terminate-contract-with-apple-concerning-lcd-screens#Item_1

6-9 months from now, we'll likely see Retina mini iPad for same $329 price anyway- if you need a small tablet with good screen, it seems best to buy something else today or wait just a little bit longer...

• Very interesting.

@Vitaliy - what is your take on Rockchip and what do you see as a next-gen evolution of the tablet?

In other words, what would you select as hardware for a power user / pro tablet? Are there any forthcoming technologies that you see as "game-changing" or is the tablet market essentially about the most for least money (I.e. retina Display Rockchip tablet)

If someone was donating a tablet to you , would you prefer the "new new iPad " or a Microsoft surface if those were your only two choices? (I know this is a false premise)

I have my own design for a next gen tablet, here's to hoping I can get it made :)

• There were people buying just outdated products as Apple was announcing new products.

• what is your take on Rockchip and what do you see as a next-gen evolution of the tablet?

Rockchip will have 4 core LSI with improved GPU soon. Chinese are known to implement things in end product within month or so.

MStar also after merger is moving fast (mostly in TV segment), making already very good chips.

China now is the same as US in 70s and 80s. Many companies doing different things. Big piles of crap, of course.

If someone was donating a tablet to you , would you prefer the "new new iPad " or a Microsoft surface if those were your only two choices? (I know this is a false premise)

I prefer something running Windows 8 Pro, personally, with high res screen and Wacon stylus included :-)

• @Stonebat

Adobe copied a lot from FCPX, and it can do more.

Or less. For me no magnetic timeline no party. Sometimes (often) it's the "how" that matters.

• You need to be very organized with Premiere, data management sucks. If you change the smallest thing, like using a backup instead of a hard disk gone bad, even with the same folder structure it's an orgy of re-linking.

• I am an Apple user since 1994, bought my first PC (a netbook Acer D270 ) this February. And this shxx crashes on day 2 when copying data from the internal SD-Slot (using an USB-Adaptor is the workaround) Never had such problems with a Mac. Poor Design, poor layout BUT: Apple touts how eco-frienly they are but their computers become more and more unserviceable. They strip pro - software of pro-features. They are far too expensive and nobody working for them at Foxconn will benefit from their prices.

But in the PC World, there are bad designers. A new Jonathan Ive at Dell or HP and I will finally switch. But for now I hope my Macbook lasts forthe next years. See also this post:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/4962/making-a-macbook-pro-pro#Item_3

• @Frame +1. I'm stuck with MBP, too. I'm unhappy that Apple is stripping out the optical drive. No room for installing 2nd hard drive. Sucks. One day Apple will strip out the keyboard and claim that 15" iPad looking device is "the" new MBP.

• @stonebat

"One day Apple will strip out the keyboard and claim that 15" iPad looking device is "the" new MBP"

Have you seen the Modbook Pro?

http://www.modbook.com/modbookpro

• Oh my eyes...

• Actually if they made a 15" Retina version of the ModBook Pro with a Vesa Mount. I's buy it in a heartbeat to use on set as a display/capture device mounted to a C-Stand.

• I am an Apple user since 1994, bought my first PC (a netbook Acer D270 ) this February. And this shxx crashes on day 2 when copying data from the internal SD-Slot (using an USB-Adaptor is the workaround) Never had such problems with a Mac

Let's just rephrase:

I always had small cats, but this february I saw some old and sick dog near dump site and got it home. It died within days. I am very disappointed with dogs. Cats are much much better.

• I would put it this way: It was a young dog breaking his jaw while biting on a 64gB Sandisk Extreme Card. But it is much cheaper than the smallest Macbook for storing the dailies of our beloved hacks.