Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Taking Pictures with GH2.. need some advice shooting properly
  • 178 Replies sorted by
  • Hack isn't going to improve quality of stills. It's aimed on tweaking video parameters.
    As of lenses thing, I use Sigma 60mm/F2.8 and as I said before It's bargain in its price point. I own also PL 25mm/F1.4 with great results but you've said it's out of your budget. I heard some vintage Minolta or Canon FD lenses are cheap and good too but it also depends on adapter used. Some adapters can soften image because of bad flange distance. I shoot on PSAM modes. I don't use film modes as I shoot only in RAW so all I get is raw sensor data without any color correction. All tweaks are done in post.
    Manual focusing needs some skills so you must train yourself to focus quick and accurately..

• @JOFO you said that eye picture was taken at f/7.1. How could you know this when using a Nikon lens on a GH2? Do you have an adapter that lets you electronically adjust the aperture on the Nikon lens?

@JOFO @baschmir About manual focusing, dont feel bad about not getting sharp pictures. The viewfinder on the GH2/GH3 is useless for manual focusing. Needs to be a little bigger with at least 2x more resolution for manual focusing!

• I shot that with Tamron 17-50mm/f2.8 Canon mount opened at 7.1
    I have opened it on the Canon body and then mounted on my GH2