Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
PTool: any plans for supporting the new Panasonic TZ30/ZS20 compact camera?
  • Hi,

I own a Panasonic ZS20 compact camera and I am looking for a way to use it in Europe (switching it to PAL for recording proper video for EU). I believe that PTool allows to do that for the older TZ10.

Are there any plans for supporting the TZ30/ZS20 as well?

Best regards.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Right now, no such plans.

• Thank you for your reply. Are you aware of any similar 3rd party software for this type of hack on these Panasonic cameras?

• No such thing exist.

• I'm going to try to hack the TZ30 firmware by myself if nobody do.

Things only I understand are: TZ5 and GH1 firmwares are nearly raw but 2 bytes check sums are inserted after every 32 bytes data. TZ7 and TZ10 firmwares are UPD format and encrypted with XOR. TZ30_V11.bin is UPD format but seems unencrypted.

Could anybody tell me how to decrypt and patch firmwares with a binary editor?

• sgy, I'll try to keep up with your work, hoping for a hack that will allow to switch from NTSC to PAL and vice versa. Thank you very much for coming upfront and deciding to do this hacking. I hop you will succeed!

• sgy, were you able to make any progress? I am still trying to find a way to set my ZS20 to record video with 25fps instead of 30fps