Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
gh1 No Valid Picture to Display Update problem
  • Hi I have been searching around for an answer to this issue and although i found a lot of people that have the same problems no one seems to have an answer. I have no idea why it has started doing this and I really need to change the hack that is presently on the camera. Any ideas of how to get it back to recognizing the firmware updates? I tried: -Updating Panasonic official firmware. -Version Increment ticked and unticked -Prevent Version Compare ticked and unticked. -Renaming Firmware to a variety of names going all the way up up 150 (camera says its on 1.3).

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • Did you format the card so there are no files on it and then make sure that the .bin you are copying is the only one?

• Thank you so much for the reply.. yeah I tried this I formatted in the camera and on pc... its really strange I have no idea what I have done....

• Tried version increment on 2?

• I am confused by what all this increment stuff is. Does the increment have to be higher than the installed firmware on the camera? Or higher than the firmware I am using to patch in ptool? I dont get why this isnt working. Also it used to say version o.o and not says 1.3 in the camera since the last patch.

• Its not like I have never got it to work, its already got a hack on it but its not the right one..

• You can leave the filename of the firmware just as it is, no need to change anything here. Version increment is a internal marker or tag (dunno how to call it) that sends a signal to the cam that this is a new firmware. You dont need to increment on each flash, if a number worked it usually will work again. I had the case with second GH2 which would not flash with version increment 1.

• ARGH! Mate that made more sense to me! Thanks! :-))))

I will try again and now I understand its the "internal" label I should be able to work this out..

• I am sure you have sorted this as now I get the "battery must be fully recharged for firmware update", so at least it is recognising that there IS a firmware update! I think it will work now I am just charging my battery ;-). SO now if I use the "Prevent version compare" choice it will no longer need the increments as the firmware inside the camera will not check the version? Cheers again.

• dude absolute ledge it was that simple and it makes much more sense now... Thanks a lot..