Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • The thing here is that we have 5 custom buttons. The most probable option is the rear wheel being multi funtion. ( i miss the roket leveler on G5, was cool )

• Only thing i actually dont like is the usb 2.0 (make it too chep to be true !!! lol ) and the lack of support for UHS SD cards. I though it would be suporting new P2 SD cards by defacto. Looks its not like it, even if its a "pro" line m4/3.

• I'm still curious about the rumored XLR attachment. Will it have a proprietary connection on the side or thru the Hot Shoe on the top like the Sony A99?

I'm surprised no pics yet of the side of the camera with the covers open so we can see what the arrangement of connectors look like.

I notice that they don't have the little lever for the zoom that is on the G5. DO you think they will assign the wheel behind the Shutter release button to have zoom control functions?

• Yes, I never liked the GH2 lugs and again here on the GH3. Canon does it right with the lugs at least.

Is this a Sony sensor? Sony is taking over.

• What about the sensor is made by Sony?

• The only thing im really concernd is, all about the sensor. Even though it looks smaller i think cos of the bigger body, but also its shape look really m4/3 standard, 4:3 almost like 35mm standar film. All that rumors talking about if its not a sony sensor, make me wonder, why they choose that, if panasonic is more than capable for building this... hmmm. Maybe we will se another "SENSOR" version later this year. I dont know maybe little bit too much for them, but i dont find any reason for the sensor being sony only for the lack of FPN and avalability that panasonic has trouble before...but why sony..?

• Next thing I hate about it is old lugs, they are making camera uncomfortable to hold. It is even more strange that they made good lugs for other models.

• Thing that I "like" is build in mikes location.

• I think it not so good aproach by today standars in marketing. But that is of no importance if camera is good enough, people will talk and that will be fame or ruin.

• Yet, the lauch is most horrible from all that I saw.

1. Leak from Panasonic USA that rumor guys found in minutes.
    2. Panasonic approved release of Genesis short film by PB, but otherwise NDA concerning camera is still valid until monday.
    3. Now Samys leak.

May be it is work of some cheap agency?

• Well, we see no 120fps, the price is ok by the increase in capability and body design. As i said, it is officially a mature product, the first one in panasonic "pro" aproach for m4/3. Lets wish them the best, and for us too!!

Lets enjoy the camera.

• Yep, not really cheap.

• Some expensive. U$1,300 only the body.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions