Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Good quote: On present of capitalism
  • The European countries, while continuing to exploit their colonies, have themselves now fallen into a state of financial subordination to America and, as a consequence, are in their turn being exploited, and will continue to be exploited by America. In that sense, the circle of major states which exploit the world financially has shrunk to a minimum, whereas the circle of exploited countries has expanded.

I. Stalin.
    The Fourteenth Congress of the C.P.S.U, 1925.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • True as if it was said today. We are shooting in Athens btw. Too exhausted to post updates or anyth. But the quote is a 100% hit on the target.

• I was not impressed with the quote until I noticed it was spoken in 1925!!!

• @kicap It's funny how nothing much changes! The famous example of that is this quote:

"Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers." Socrates, 469 BC–399 BC.

Things haven't changed that much in 2500 years. I wonder how many things being said right now, which seem to us pretty unbelievable, will in years to come seem totally right, just like Stalin's quote rings true today, as @Goodempire says.

When you look at the everyday stuff, you get a real insight into how human nature never really changes. For example, a friend of mine looked at some ancient cunieform tablets, and in amongst them were ads for builders of various musical instruments. He came across one that said "All my pupils succeed" and another from a maker of Lyres that said "Our yokes don't bend". Those were written around 4500 years ago in what became Iraq.