Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sony RX1 and R1R Full Frame mirrorless
  • 60 Replies sorted by
  • Fixed lens cameras are bad for the environment. The sensor will be obsolete in a year, and then a perfectly good lens, even a superb lens, goes in the trash. Nice.

• Guys.

Read it slowly : M.A.R.G.I.N.

This was priority.

• I wonder why a Sonnar design and not a Biogon given the price.

My take on an interchangeable lens RX1 is that it will be cross elastic with the A99. I doubt Sony can make any profit from this niche product. It appears Sony is struggling with its portfolio planning, that sure explains why the company is financially in trouble.

• These will make great gifts for wealthy husbands to buy....

• sony sony, I was expecting something revolutionary, but who would buy a FF mirrorless camera that has idiotic fixed lens , no evf and costs 3000! this is for me just a pro camera for P&S people

• Full frame War ,game starts, Sony want to push their full frames and sony cmos.

• Beautiful, but idiotic with a fixed lens. How hard would it really be to make the lens interchangeable? Sell it as a kit with that lens, but for god's sake make it interchangeable. Who would buy a fixed lens camera for $3000?

• FF mirrorless system camera coming soon?

• Beautiful. Love the manual aperture ring.

I'll wait for the interchangable lens version. That would be the Leica killer right there.