Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
15mm f8 Olympus lens topic
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • I like it.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Yeah that would be nice for daylight stuff or well lit indoors. Maybe sell them bundled. I wish.

• Thing that I want to see is the set of cheap T4 primes. No electronics. Simple focus ring. 8mm, 12mm, 15mm, 20mm, 25mm, 45mm, 100mm.

• It's a Crêpe! Bet there is an ultra small body to go with it.

• @ahbleza

Something smart got this idea.

It'll be ultra cheap and very good lens supplied at almost no cost to form the kit.

• I have a pinwide from the people at Wanderlust. It's a lot harder to shoot at f/96-f/128 or so than it is to shoot at f/8.

In terms of "why," probably because the smallest lens made for m4/3 right now (Panasonic 14/2.8) looks to be about 3/4 the thickness of the smaller bodies (GF2, etc) which makes the cameras a lot less pocket-friendly than they'd be with the 15 on the front. It'll also probably be wicked cheap which will make a camera/lens kit attractive in terms of price. The only other lens as thin are the MS Optical Perars, but they're made for Leica M mount so on m4/3, one must take adapter thickness into account as well.

I'll probably buy one as a pocket/walking around lens if they aren't coke bottles.

• Cheap and fun. Why not?