Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
FCP XML Version Upconversion
  • Hey, all!

I'm trying to figure a way to go from my (admittedly old) 5.1.4 version of FCP to the new Resolve 9 Lite. FCP 5.1.4 only exports XML in versions 1-3, and Davinci Resolve 9 Lite only imports XML versions 5-7. Are there any programs (free or fairly inexpensive) that can up-bridge the gap between the lower and higher tiers of XML versions?

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • bump anyone? anyone? Bueller?

• Hehe! I guess you've got everybody stumped with that one. My guess is that there hasn't been much demand for a fix to that specific compatibility issue, hence no readily available solution.

• Yeah, I'm just a cheap-arse college student who doesn't have money to throw at $1000 copies of FCP7 when FCP5 can handle everything I need to do just fine. If FCX could round-trip to a good audio program I'd just go with an X/Resolve/PTools type of trio, but it doesn't :S

• 7tox? actually nevermind. it only updates back to xml 5

• yea....... that was the first program I checked, actually. I think I might be able to convince my school to get FCP7, which (obviously) can do the conversion.