Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
25mm f/0.95 Voigtländer Nokton
  • 308 Replies sorted by
  • Not sure, but you could always ask at least.
  • @kazuo
    The resellers will always get dealer's price, and you'd be surprised at how much margin they can still make despite the current selling price. My friend is an official dealer of Voigtlander lenses in Asia, he imports them directly from Japan and resells them regionally, so I know how much margin he makes off each lens : )

It's like Apple resellers, do you know how much money they make off each unit? For a while I was tempted to set up an Apple franchise as well! Bloody good money
  • Just got the Nokton. Slightly lighter than Nikkor 50mm 1.4 with an adapter :)

I was little afraid of mounting it because its huge rear element might bump into the mounting metal. the play was as tight as Lumix m43 lens.

A quick test on a magazine cover. A head-n-shoulder shot then an eye only cropping. Very good details and nice color rendering. Love it!!!

20111128-P1050045.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 689K
    20111129-P1050046.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 663K
    20111129-P1050056.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 1M
  • Oh Nokton!!!
    20111214-P1000285.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 1M
  • stonebat,
    those look great. Really like the Christmas Tree!
  • Thanks. $20 plastic tree from ebay last year. Wal-Mart cheap light bulbs. Frankly it looks a whole lot better in photo :)

GH2 firmware 1.1. Nokton at f/13. Long exposure. Then no color correction. Just little vignetting and sharpening applied for screen output.
  • I've owned both lenses - I had the Nokton first and sold it to buy the Summilux. I would say @ F/1.4 the Panny lens is sharper overall, but like many have said, the Nokton has certain character. It's been months now and when reviewing my pictures and video from this summer I know immediately what was shot with the Nokton. I prefer the Panny now but I'm starting to swing back the other way. For photos the Panny is lightning quick and takes beautiful images. Build quality can't be beat on the Voitlander. Tough call here - if money is tight, go with the Panny.
  • LOVE my Nokton!
  • By the way...

Merry Christmas Good People!!!
    Merry Christmas Vitaliy!!!
    Love this global community.
  • Merry xmas stonebat and you own the greatest gift of all...the nokton ;-)
  • Meh, I'd take some Zeiss superspeeds. :^)
  • Merry xmas @Mimirsan. The Nokton was 10th year anniversary gift to me. Of course my wife got better one...

Nokton 25mm is great... but how to match with other lenses? I can't buy more Noktons like 35mm 1.2 and 50mm 1.1. Currently I'm matching it with 14mm pancake and Canon FD 50mm 1.4. Hehe.
  • Thanks @LPowell. Interesting indeed. Really tempting to sell my FD and Ais 50mm... and get the 58mm. I will look into it more.
  • @stonebat
    The FD 50mm is 100% cotton. The Voigtlander 58mm is pure silk.
  • FD is at least not nylon :)
  • Sorry, a bit off topic, but it's strange how the 58mm length excels. I have a 58mm 1.2 Rokkor, a 58mm 1.4 Rokkor (declicked) and a Russian Helios 58mm 1:2 and they are all better than their 50mm counterparts. Magic number?
  • I just bought it for 720 EURO. Just in time for the holidays!
  • Those of you using the 0.95 for commercial work, pl watch out for focusing. Was doing some interviews with it, and had to reshoot cos the subject had overstepped his spot, and the focus on him became soft. The Nok is so so sensitive.
  • @sohus

720 euros is very gd price. The price fluctuates. In Japan the street price is 95000Y, which works out to 937 euros! I got mine in Tokyo at slightly lower than 95, so count yr blessings!
  • dropped my voight from 5 feet at a school assembly onto a tile floor tonight. It then skidded 20 ft along the floor, much to my horror.

Took it home examined it, filmed through it, took pictures.The floor took more damage than the lens. Built like a tank. Not a mark. No damage.

I'm just a fan, man.
  • @chauncy

gasp! wtf! it's like watching yr kid slip from yr arms! Dun do that again!
  • I bought it here:
    http://www.pixmania.nl/nl/nl/11199798/art/voigtlander/nokton-lens-25-mm-f-0-95.html
    729 EURO

Watch out when buying, as these bastards add stupid insurances to your cart which you have to remove manually otherwise you pay 100+ EURO extra. You can't beat the price though (24 hours delivery for me).
  • I own one Nokton since last summer and just love it! Beautiful pictures, but even more impressing are videos. Stopped down to 1.4 it makes sharp, crispy picture with brilliant colors and beautifull bokeh. The one needs bit of practicing by focusing it during the recording, but all what is focused- has awesome IQ. For those who don't have really shaky hands it is actually not so difficult to keep it calm, one can use its weight as kind of "mechanical OIS" :-)
    Guys, it will NEVER get cheaper, as there are enough people on the world who can pay its price. It's much more likely that it may get even more expensive quite soon, as the interest is really huge, the capacity of the factory can't even deliver all orders....