Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 PAL and NTSC versions
  • if i understood it right...... if i got the pal gh2 instead of a ntsc version ,all i need to do is to download the new ptool; and check the pal>ntsc and I am ready to rock and roll? meaning that all the 1080/50i becomes 1080/60i or 25p becomes 24p? pls explain
  • 9 Replies sorted by
  • Kind of more steps :-)
    And you could always switch camera in menu. Plus GH2 always shot 1080p24.
    Try to look and read first. Camera manual, for example.
  • thanks for quick reply,when the menu just says output to ntsc , it doesnt mean actually recording is ntsc right?
    How do I sync my gh13 clips that were shot with my gh1 (ntsc) with my new GH2 Pal ?
  • ok , i have done it it .I got my Pal GH2 for NTSC use. It works superbly.Am ready to rock and roll!
  • Glad to hear :-)
  • First post - glad to be here!

I just hacked my NTSC GH2. The update went OK and now I have higher bitrates as expected, Hooray!!

But .... I also checked the "PAL<->NTSC menu" box, and so far I don't see that option appearing on any of my screens. Where should I be looking for it?
  • @CobyD
    Video out in set up menu I think.
  • @belfryman
    Thanks! I had assumed that was just the playback format, but it does indeed switch the recording format.
  • the hack and my new ntsc (pal) GH2 is stable and giving high bitrates.I mix the gh2 clips with ntsc GH13 clips in post without a hitch. thanks
  • Yes...I hacked my Japanese language NTSC GH2 a few of days ago. Now have English language and pleasantly stable 24p @ 35-45mbps.

Only glitch is corrupt first second or so. I've been away on a boat for a few days...any new development regarding the start-up issue?
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions