Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Hack Check?
  • Sorry I'm starting a new topic for this, I didn't know where it would be appropriate to ask this question so please forgive me.

After I've applied a hack, how do I know that it worked? I took some footage after having hacked the camera and i couldn't tell the difference between the footage from before and after. Do I just not have an "eye" for the difference? Or did I do it wrong?

So basically, is there a way to check that the hack worked and the video is "hacked" and has a higher/better bitrate/quality?

Thanks!

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • I guess I did something wrong then, because the files are the same size. haha, thanks! now i know for sure I'm doing it wrong! Now if i can only see what it is that i'm doing wrong...

• Indeed, at equal length of time, a higher bitrate video will be a larger file... (which is why many hacks include "spanning" which allows your camera to write files bigger than 4Gigs or so - this being a codec limitation).

But keep in mind that most hacks use variable bitrates : if you film a white wall, your bitrate will be low anyway. If you want a reliable test, go outside and film trees or something like that.

Also make sure you use a film mode (24pL 24pH 25p 30p 50i) that is targeted by the hack you've applied.

• I'm really new to this/noob at technology in general, but would a higher bitrate mean a bigger filesize? Because all the new videos are the same size as the old ones.

• There are three ways for doing so : - Watch the video on a Full HD monitor (and if you have two monitors, put the unhacked video on the second one to compare) - Save your video file on the computer and check properties, details, usually bitrate is written there - Use streamparser program to analyse the video's bitrate (ask for appropriate topic on this, where you can download the program)

Also noteworthy : these hacks are visible only when you film very detailed scenes, for example water, trees, grass, and so on

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions