Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Best Hack Settings for Low-Light Interior Event?
  • I'm shooting a concert at a cafe next weekend for a band. I've been testing lots of hacks. Here's how I'll be shooting and what I'm looking for:

-With Zeiss Primes wide open between F1.4 to F2.8 -ISO up to 640, preferably not beyond that. -My longest take may be up to ten minutes. The show shouldn't last more than 30. -I have one of the new 16GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 45mb/s cards. I will probably purchase a 32GB 45mb/s this week before the show. -I will probably take several 720p/60 shots for later conversion to slow-mo. -I'd like to reduce noise as much as possible. -I'm shooting the entire concert static with a Sony EX-1 and using the GH2 for close-ups and handheld coverage, so I suppose long takes aren't necessary. I can stop recording and start again and cut to my EX-1 coverage. So I have a back up.

Let me know if you need more info, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to use Sedna A but the only issue is spanning, which again is not absolutely necessary but would be nice. I'm testing Sedna spanning right now with my 16GB 45mb/s card to see how it does.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: My 16GB 45mb/s card does not span the Sedna A 24H setting but it does span the Sedna 24L setting.

Also, the much debated question: should I shoot smooth or nostalgia? There will be a lot of shadows and I don't want the shadows full of noise.

• 1 Reply sorted by
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions