Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Welterwerk - GH2 Short / narrative music video
  • 68 Replies sorted by
  • Ok, the Christian remark was uncalled for. Sorry. But the story is very in the Nordic Lutheran style: "Work hard as long as you don't enjoy it." Once the Computer guy smiles... he's on the hubris route. He gets to see the fruit of his labour and then goes orbital with no chance of communicating with his creations.

Otherwise: Great stuff! Very good looking and well paced!

• hehe, no no, I found it amusing :P But your thoughts about it representing creation (as in God) are very interesting!

(I can’t speak for welterwerk filmkompani, but for the record I Am a christian - and I also did Not write the story :)

• Fantastic work on this video across all departments. I'm up for 3 music videos in the next few months so this was timely inspiration for me and totally up my alley creatively. As for my interpretation, something along the lines of "technology can connect you but it will leave you feeling frustratingly close and yet so far from any real connection".

• Thanks for your feedback, @mythmaker! Interesting interpretation! :)

• Deleted Post

• I've watched this a dozen times at least. Love the look that those lenses create, very filmic and works great for the storyline. It definitely make me want to get a dolly, would you mind sharing what specific dolly you used for this video? It works very well, especially with the tilts that you used throughout. The Jib shot where the machinist stands up is also fantastic. What program did you use to color correct with? Thanks for a great video!!

• thank you, @RyanPW ! Color corrected (slightly) in after effects :)

• Very nice, I love the pacing of the audio with the image.

• Alright, thanks!

• Just realized they featured it on eoshd! :o

• Great job. What was the reason for shooting with the Pentacons for the interiors then switching to the Takumar for most of the rest? Did you use an ND for the outdoor shots?

• The apple fell from the plate, they didn't bite it, so they remained in Eden. Eden is safe in their hands :)

Excellent job, I wish I can get as good.

• Wow the looks great! Do you have overexposed slightly during filming? The white balance on the raw shot looks a little bit strange?

• I don’t think I overexposed on purpose, no. The white balance was deliberately offset as I knew from the beginning that I wanted a cold look in the machine room. I set it to 5600K, but the light was about 7200K.

I’m glad you like it! :)

• Hi Cekrem,

What kind of lights were you using?

LEDs?

• To start off, excuse me if I sound like I have no idea what I'm talking about - because I don't.

cekrem, how did you get the faded, 70's office look in the machine room? Was it a product of the lighting or work you did in post? Or both? Any detail you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

• How did you make the moves on the hand shots? They seem kind of post-stabilized, their acceleration and deceleration doesn't seem like a human operator.

• @fresnobob We used arri fresnels, both diffused, reflected and directly.

@dumile It was mostly a product of low contrast, soft lighting. That part was almost not graded at all, as you can se from the (ungraded) snapshot earlier in the post.

@RebelPhoton A lot of shake done in post to avoid rolling shutter issues from actual shake.

:)