Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • @peternap Ahh I see! Maybe I should start doing the same thing and carry around a couple of SD's, one for 1080/24 and one for 720/60. Thanks for the info!

• @mo7ies I use it on the card and its been 100% stable for me on 24p and 760p60.

• @rajamalik I f I can find the time to test, I will put that test at the top of the list. Right now between finishing post for the Joanna St. Claire music video "Listen to the Sound" and continuing production on my new singles "Parasite" and "Bandit" I have not been shooting as much, but I have a few people in the area that were volunterring to help. Can you send me the link to version you want in a PM so that I make sure to test the right ones when I get the chance?

• Hey guys, I have to film on a festival tomorrow. In 720p50. At day and at night.

Which patch is the best 720p50 patch? no prob if it is a high bitrate. The quality comes first

@dbp , sorry, didn't see your question. I used standard all -2 except sharpness on -1

EDIT, gonne try Cluster V5.1 think thats a great one

• @conscius cluster 5.1 its a good choice-720p50 spanns on sandisk 30mbs

• @thepalalias jonna's music video are u shooting more. I already watched it once is it the same or more numbers??? U r grading was superb in that. I am looking forward to watch the new one. test it's quantum v9b Sedna adapted matrix it in the first page with old quantum 9.but this is the new one from driftwood I used in that zoo shoot out. u watched it rite??? it's better than Sedna a aq1 I personally feel its the most detailed now not the Sedna A.

• @rajamalik. Did you test non-24p modes like 720p, FSH and HBR with updated Quantum v9? If you did, how did they behave?

• @zaven13 I didnt try fsh . But hbr and 720p are working. Didnt do any frequent use. Took few shots with them. they are working. fsh I seriously don't know if it does. Try and tell me. I patched back to canis daypm. Testing this patch now.

• @Zaven13 watch my zoo visit you tube video. See my post page for link. It was done only with new quantum

• @rajamalik Thanks. Prayer of Light is finished so I am not planning on doing any more with it. But I think some people will like the video for Listen to the Sound even more. We finished shooting the music video a while back but for any Joanna St. Claire project, the editing is rather meticulous. It is important that it really reflect the vision of the song, so things like the crossfades are honed a lot and it takes some time. :)

Yes, I enjoyed the zoo video, especially the bear. I mentioned the tiger project to an artist with a passion for tigers (not much experience with them but she did bottle feed a white tiger once) and if you ever need promotional artwork for the project, I am sure she would be interested.

• Did someone could tell me what bitrate is Crossfire (Soft Skintones)? I can't find the information. Cluster V5 is 40Mb (HBR) to 90Mb (24p) GOP1 is supposed to bring the ultimate image quality, I've been trying Cluster 5 Globular for a few days (GOP 12/15) and found it really good. Does someone tried and noticed a real difference in footage between Globular and Crossfire, GOP 15 and GOP1? I guess GOP1 might be better for post-production? (slomo etc.) Thanks for information.

PS : I still dream about a nice community member who would make a big shoutout with the major patches and have real side by side to compare image quality and the movement is captured.

• @ghostlayer just load it up in PTools and look it up. Its all there to see.

and hey, quit dreaming, this nice community member could be YOU ! ; )

thepalalias and associates have been doing something similar already. Per, time for a new one? ; )

• @luxis nice tip, I'll look in Ptools. I wish I had time to make the test myself :) Unfortunately I'm finishing 2 projects including the opening sequence for a long feature film... I just keep an eye on new patch releases.

• CasiMiniFest 6: Sixth edition of an independent electronic music event based on a beautiful seaside town in the north of Spain.

Nightmarish job and a lot of fun at the same time: There were screens and lights flickering at different frequencies all over the place. If that wasn’t enough, even with the Voigtländer 25 wide opened at 0.95 and the camera set to ISO3200, massive parts of the frame were still underexposed by 1.5/2 stops most of the time (if you were to trust the flawed in-camera metering).

Shot on a hacked GH2 with Sedna AQ1 C. Graded in ColorGHear for After Effects.

• @rajamalik: thanks for sharing your zoo video. I'll give the new Quantum a shot. I usually shoot alot in nature. (Forests, Landscape, Wildlife, etc). This might be the best patch for that.

• @thepalalias ya that's the most discussed project of this year. But at present i have only 3 members who accepted to camp in the wild for this work. but we need atleast 6 recommended by rangers.Waiting for more members now.there are more than 44 tigers in this reserve. It will be the most thrilling and hopefully the very adventurous moments of my life. Waiting for this everyday.

It's very glad that u r friend is interested. I will complete this project first. Then I will take art works from her so that we can add them within the documentary.

• @pvjames thank you for your compliments. I would love to see u r work please do share them with us. @thepalalias fixed my system thx for advice. upload all your music videos in Vimeo if possible. They sure will bring you some commercial projects in the future.

• Shot on the now dated Quantum X V2 CBR version.

• *** NEW *** Cluster v6 'DREWnet' The Ultra Reliable Setting is now released. See page 1.

• iA recordings in HBR look stunning.
    • 720p60 modes span and look great. Ditto 720p50.
    • 720 modes with Etc and iDynamic on High actually works.
    • You DON'T neccesarily need the best sdcard for this setting.
    • 24pH / L Both look great and will regularly resolve the target Q of 16 where possible.
    • Tested over the last week by twelve beta testers to enable it to just 'work' on GH2 and GFx.
    • Incorporates the best of Orion & Sedna matrices which will mix well with GOP1 recordings.
    • Tested for reliability to work on Panasonic lenses, 14-42 (and X lens version), 14-140, 20mm pancake, 7-14mm ASPH, 45-175mm X lens. Therefore any other lenses should have no problems.
  • @driftwood If you had to shoot a commercial job with highest image quality, would you use Cluster v6 12/15GOP, or Quantum v9b Sedna matrix Intra?

• @mo7ies GOP1 every time. However, the whole idea of Cluster in the first place was to try and offer GH2 /GF users a top quality choice at lower bitrates. Cluster v6 'DREWnet' is the result of that work to date. Having said that - these Long GOP settings using AVCHD resolve better detail and motion than Sony EX Long GOP mpeg and a plethora of other higher priced video cameras.

Cluster v6 is top quality for documentary work in my opinion. There will also be a 6 GOP variation of some of the findings in this setting for those who would like to try it, it'll be out tomorrow night.

In the meantime, I am heavily involved with beta testing new Intra settings. I will be requiring a few more people to add to my testers for this from Tuesday. Canis has to be completed!

• Here's a screen grab of my assistant, "Gina", from 'DREWnet' Cluster v6 GOP 12/15. 720/60P 1/125. It was fun getting to help out with this new setting. It's a really good one gang!

Untitled_2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 959K
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions