Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Speculations
  • Anybody remember off hand how long the original GH1 hack was working until Panasonic changed the firmware? Chances are they'll make the new hack unhackable in time.

I have no money coming in cause I'm off work for the summer(school job) so I'd like an idea if I need to get a part time job so I can get one ASAP or if I can wait 3-4 months and slowly save up.
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • in all honesty I doubt panny will do anything too soon nor give a crap...rumours abound that GH3 is on way and GH2 going out of production already. Speculation is just speculation.
    You will probably find a "OLD" gh2 with hackable firmware anyway...so dont worry much.
  • GH2's are so hard to find in stock at a reasonable price, that it's laughable how poorly Panasonic has handled this camera. I understand about supplies after the great earthquake and tsunami, but this is ridiculous. Odds are, Panasonic will release a successor before you finish saving up the money to buy the GH2.
  • They are easy to find outside the US, just get it imported and apply the region hack. Retail store warranties are for wimps ;)

If the camera develops a fault you just return it to country of origin and they send it back fixed. Not much extra expense, just the postage.

Yes I agree Panasonic handled US stock very badly. But then you guys should have bought more mirrorless cameras in the financial year 2009-2010!! :)
  • So...who is reputable overseas? eBay isn't always a safe way to buy from overseas. A reliable overseas seller would be of interest to those of us in the U.S.
  • @MrAnthony
    I provided links in main GH2 topic.