Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 for wedding videographers.
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • @brianluce give it a try! I was best man at my best friend's wedding and I could only shoot on the side - no chance for any gear except the naked camera. I had one GH2, 14-140 mostly in curch and I shot with 25mm Nokton everything at the reception, the dinner & the party. Nobody realized that I was shooting a video cause it looked like photo. Maybe it's cause my main business is (still) advertising photography I am used to hold a camera as described.

• @brianluce Jason charges almost $4000 now in the Philippines! Ha!

• @peaceonearth Trust me I've tried. A lot of people have trouble with that because the GH2 is so light it's prone to micro jitters. I've manage to occasionally get mediocre results with GH2 in a cage. @lpcmir I'm not shocked. He's so popular now and also, a lot more money in Phils now with over 600,000 call center seat. No wonder they're taking on China!

• @brianluce sorry to hear. It seems that everybody has his own shortcoming. I myself don't get an even movement on a manual slider, no chance , I spoiled so many shots :(

• @peaceonearth I'm okay on a slider usually. two things that help:

1. drag your hand on the rail as you slide -- smoothes it out for me at least.
    2. slide towards your body, not away, pull don't push. You use larger muscle groups -- gives a better slide.

Ah, speaking of Filipinas, early test in Bohol...

• @brianluce thanks for the help.

• GH2 wedding production

• I have unintentionally done a quite a few of weddings (last summer for a LOT of my friends). Since it was "a gift" did it mostly just with GH2 and Panasonic F1.7 20mm pancake. Still some things I think may help others: * try some time-lapse (GoPro + egg timer or Canonc G series + itervalometer or CHDK) during after party * if You can do it in pair - get another friend to hold other camera :) * invest in good shoes and hat (if it's sunny) * If You do it for friends - let them sort original material them selves :) then do the edit from the shots they like I used PAG Orbitor and it works nice for moving from place to place. This year I have two weddings for friends again so I invested in Wondlan Stabiliser - will tell You how it worked after tree weeks :)

• Just finished this highlight reel for my most recent shoot. Solo shoot with 2 GH2:s.

Lenses used: Nokton 25 0.95, FDs 50 1.4 + 35-105 3.5, Lumix 20 1.7

• Combination of Olympus OMD EM5 (daylight, preparation, outdoor location and reception) and Lumix GH2 (Driftwood Cluster 6 "forever for events!")