Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 smaller aleternative?
  • I need a camera to shoot videos in small corners where there is no space for GH2, is there anything hackable with a comparable quality and smaller dimensions of GH2?

Thanks

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • @subco

Sorry I forgot to say any panasonic m43 alternative

• How about the newly hacked GF2 or even smaller GF3!

• I was thinking about GF2 too, also because I have many m43 lenses so no LX5. Is the hacked GF2 producing videos like the hacked GH2 or.. ?

Thanks

• GF3 is the smaller and cheaper than the GF2 now.. really if the GF line gets any smaller it will be mistaken for a big lens cap, GF3 is patch-able as the GF2, I have used Mysteron and Sedna on it with great results. As with the GF2 you just don't have full manual controls yet. Its sudo manual control..

• OMG! You mean the GF2 can be hacked for manual shutter speed right from the command line?! This is EPIC!

Okay, sudo manual control..

Oh wait. How do I get to the Terminal inside this thing. Service menu? Bluetooth keyboard? Is there a patch for this?

• nikon d3200 or d5100 body only with a 35mm 1.8 nikon prime lens,..

• @robbie75vr

Is the hacked GF2 producing videos like the hacked GH2 or.. ?

No, GF2's sensor is not as good as GH2's hence low light performance and resolution are just a bit worse. That said, it is awesome for it's size. I carry it with pancakes everywhere I go. My current patch is Canis Majoris Skin Tone Soft. I get up to 90Mbps in 1080p30: http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/57529#Comment_57529

Look at @zinin footage @ 30Mbps just below my comment linked above.

• @rajamalik

Nikon doesn not have a comparable quality, even the D800 has a lot of moirè that its killer for architecture videos... plus I'm looking for m43 alternatives to use my pana m43 lenses... I think I'll go for a GF2.

Thanks anyway for your suggestion

• @ssh

Thanks thanks, that's the info I was looking for !