Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Next step of your goverment
  • 61 Replies sorted by
  • It seems, now, there is nothing to believe in, except your dreams.

And Olivia.

• There have been systems in the past that didn't per se create internal corruption. The corruption you see now is not "natural". It's induced by a loss of moral standards. We always seem to think it's normal to live in Empire, as we all seem to descend from ancient Rome or Britain in the 19th and 20th century. Fact is : of age there have been countless societies that had within them a natural harmony based on mutual respect and sharing. It's only when a certain class of people loses all sense of justice and preys upon the rest that you create an imbalance, which in itself triggers mechanisms of survival in people and brings out the worst in a person's character. But this is not "natural". What is really natural is that humans like calm and lazy living. Look at the French. (You think people in the Philadelphia would reject a life like the French if they had the chance?)

• @flaschus people talk of a 'real' world and 'real' economy, but do we even live OR work in a 'real' world anymore???

I agree with you.

• One again I agree with Bwhitz...I have to laugh at these people who think that society owes people something. I feel very lucky to have been born in the 1960's in an inner-city neighborhood plagued by poverty and crime. We didn't own a car, we often had no hot water in the winter, and we had no money to take the bus, so this meant walking a mile to the T station through the ghetto, looking over our shoulder along the way so brothers didn't gang up on us and attempt to rob/beat us...and we never once claimed society owed us something. We swam in Boston Harbor back in the day when they dumped raw sewage in it, but it was paradise to us because we didn't know anything different..and most people I grew up with are successful in life right now because they began in humble upbringings and learned from day one that you don't get anywhere in life without hard work. The government is not your baby's daddy..Hell, I scrubbed toilets and shoveled mulch after high school to make a living..at 12 years old I had three newspaper routes..I'd wake up at 4am and go to work before school..and when I finally worked my ass off to get on the Boston Police, a minority with a lower score than me on the exam took my seat in order to fill a quota. What kind of message does that send? How does that better a society? It doesn't, it only drags it down to a lower level..that's okay though, I got a third job, rolled with the punches and put myself through medical school...taking out loans that I pay back without crying about it like these Occupiers do. Life is not easy, no one is going to spoon feed you except hopefully your mother. The failure in America is due by and large to the liberal mindset that surfaced in the 1960's and the failure to control immigration...every person who steals from our resources leaves that much less for everyone else, whether it be jobs, healthcare, benefits..don't just blame the government for the mess.

Americans have become a spoiled whiny breed of people who rely on leftist media and historical revisionism to guide them through life...we allow Israel to lead us by our nose, like its servant, into wars and quagmires that we can't get out of...We pay billions of dollars a year to Israel...yes billions and our own people are struggling...we fight Israels wars for them and build brand new infrastructures in foreign countries while our own cities crumble...America is dying because it has been used like a $7 Columbian crack whore for the past 40 years and very few Americans can see this. We have young people who can tell you who was on Dancing With the Stars last week but can't tell you who Thomas Jefferson was.

• @bostonmike So in your view it's the "leftist" media that's responsible for US support for Israel? Have you ever come across the term "neo-con"?

• Let's relax !

• Newly revealed German government documents reveal that many in Helmut Kohl's Chancellery had deep doubts about a European common currency when it was introduced in 1998. First and foremost, experts pointed to Italy as being the euro's weak link. The early shortcomings have yet to be corrected.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/euro-struggles-can-be-traced-to-origins-of-common-currency-a-831842.html

• @Faudel One of the few things Carlin didn't mention: We live in a society where you have to be a comedian to make a career out of telling the truth.

• @bostonmike ,As far as i know ,donkeys and elephants are just slavish animals for Aipac :p @LPowell ,That's why politicians always make bad comedians :p

• @bostonmike ghettos are the clear sign of failed societies , "plagued by poverty and crime".

And since you mentioned Israel the jews were forced to live in them in the late 30's, an era that you might have enjoyed more then the nowadays liberal crap.

Immigration is result of subtle (and no so) stealing on a bigger scale by the western world (including US). Btw I see the Irish flag on your profile. Irish were a big immigration nation in the past due the incredible poverty which is also part of the reasoning behind the modern migrant flows. So how come it was ok to be an immigrant before and it is not so anymore? I see a double standard here.

Life is not easy, fair and we don't get an equal chance but there should be a little difference form the animal kingdom when organizing human societies, don't you think? Or only the strong survive is better?

• Luxis..my relatives came here legally from Costa Rica, Italy and Ireland..they played by the rules and waited their turn..they didn't steal from the government.

If you read any of my former posts, I have just as much disdain for illegal immigrants from Ireland or anywhere else as I do for more recent immigrants.

My grandfather landed on Omaha Beach with the 1st Infantry and died in Germany liberating Jews, leaving my mother orphaned at 3 1/2 years old, so save your insightful history teaching moment for yourself. I don't care about the sob story of your Jews, save the violin playing for your own ears because its lost on me.