Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
LIST of hacks with average memory usage?
  • This is my first post, thank you to vitaly and driftwood and cbrandin and all the movers and shakers in this gh2 wild west!

I am wondering if there is a list of all the hacks, with each hacks average memory card usage. I think this will really help us in sorting out which hack is best for which situation, and really help those of us who are a little slower in getting HUGE cards for various reasons.

To get it started, I'm using the quantum x orion v4b , and it gives me 27m10s, on a 32gb 95mb/s extreme pro card. How about you all?

Here is a video I did with the patch stated above. Fast Motion, slow motion, and I think the ISO bug got me a bit.

Again, thank you all, keep the dream alive.

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • I've only test a few and can't remember exactly but to the best of my memory:

LPowell Flowmotion 100mb gave around 50-55min on 16gb card

Driftwood SpanmyBitchup around 35min

EOSHD 88mb Unified Intra Patch around 35-40 min

LPowell GH1 100mb Max Latitude 2hr+

Rigs GOP4 GH1 120mb Patch 2hr+ and spanned

All on 16gb cards and that's what I prefer around an hr on a 16gb card.

EDIT: All these spanned. I tried one of the GOP3Zilla(can't remember which), had some nice frame sizes in stream parser compared to Flowmotion but it didn't span so I didn't test it further(I also think it had time limit set but can't remember) All the others I listed did span and gave those times on 16gb Transcend card.

• Still keep a gh1 as "b" cam. Could you point me to Rigs GOP4 GH1 120mb Patch 2hr+ and spanned.

• It's my "modification" of his GOP1 patch. I just changed 1 to 4 ^_^. GOP1 is unstable in very low light or bright sunlight. GOP2-3 is more stable but in certain high detailed scenes it would drop some frames or crash. GOP4 is a good compromise between low GOP and stability. I still consider it somewhat experimental as in I haven't tested it in every scenario, but that's as low as I'd go. Also while it spans, it loses a frame or half a frame in between each span, but it will go just over 30min per 4gb clip.

• @CRFilms Very insightful. Anyone tested the newest driftwood hack for memory?

• The Rigs patch sounds awesome. I've heard of it but have heard so much good about low GOP. but 2hrs...

• @NoiseSoulCinema Are you asking for the estimated time remaining that each patch will show when first loaded? Or are you asking for real world bitrates under different conditions?

I recently posted the bitrates for 18 or so settings for the test footage in the Canis Majoris thread.

• Last weekend i have installed Sanity 4.1 on a SD Extreme Class 10, 16GB @ 30mb/s giving me 31mins.

• Sanity 5 is probably the champ for giving the longest recording time with a high quality picture.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2642/sanity-4-and-5/p1

• Now i have Sanity 5; 53mins 25segs in the SD C10 with 16GB @ 30mb/s

• Agree with @Ralph_B. Sanity is possibly cheaper than stock and pushes IQ to very high levels (at least on static footage): http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/60265#Comment_60265

• I'm filming a ~60 minute (70 minute to be safe) moderately well-lit indoor classical music recital this Sunday, and am looking for the best quality patch that will fit it onto a 64GB 95Mb/s Sandisk card.

The ones that I've tested and know will work are CBrandin's 66M GOP12 AQ2 Max Variation, Sanity 4 / 5, Quantum100 AVC Intra. Of these, which is the highest quality? Are there any others that would work better? Would Sedna B work? Sedna A AQ1 is my standard go-to patch, but it'd only give me 55 minutes.

• @Sangye May 4 check them/it out, all by yourself. Choose what you like best ! ?