Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @mozes

Thanks for a tip! :-) However, I think that priority will be given to I frame size and I will make it 9GOP.

• 6 and 3 gop is the most stable up to 65mb/s incl. spanning,

• @bkmcwd I'm waiting Thank's for your work on GOP3ZILLA!

• @hi1130

Thanks for feedback! :-)

Yes, I also noticed instability. Although I have already finished improving, since the last test in the field is not made because of bad weather, it is unreleasable yet. :-(

• I am using a GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA4 But 60p of 9GOP is unstable!!

• ummmm... Since 60p of 9GOP is somewhat unstable, I will improve it. I think that 60p of 6GOP in latest Sedna version is stable. :-)

• @adasac

I am sorry that the appearance of this topic is not ready yet. Since I am also making preparations of wiki of a Japanese version now, it is difficult to spare time, but I am going to prepare intelligibly before long.

@herbycamer

Thanks! :-)

• Hello guys @adasac you'll find latest GopZilla and Golgop settings in this topic ( the last Golgop 2 posts below!!!) and more info about the early bkmcwd's patch in Low Gop Topic : http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2318/official-low-gop-topic-series-5#Item_696

• Hello All, i am a new GH2 user. i have sedna aq1 setting installed. but i dont understand the whole GOP3ZILLA setting. However i see some really good images on vimeo. Please point me to a link where i can download the setting and also read about it. thanks

• @bmcent1

Thanks for using my setting! :-)

I am sorry. Your English is difficult for me and I cannot understand. The answer is yes if your question is "whether there is any effect of a Sedna matrix in all REC mode."

• For Sedna matrix lovers,

I release "GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA3" setting.

Also in this setting, a new GOP table is adopted experimentally. This is the setting focused on image quality with LARGE I-FRAME SIZE except 60p and 50p. And, I am also focusing to stability. In the Sedna matrix version, I have judged that 60p is more stable with 6GOP than 9GOP.

Special thanks to @driftwood! :-)

Please try it.

*Already combined with @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames.

*24p80%(30p) is available in only 24L.

*In camera playback is available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*EX Tele works.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L, SH, maybe in FSH and HBR with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA3.zip
  • Hello @bkmcwd - I am using a merged version of GOP3Zilla with Sedna AQ1 C (IIRC). I'm not sure if you did the merge or someone else did, I grabbed it from here a week or so ago. I am amazed by the quality! It is awesome!

I may just stick with it for a while. But in an effort to understand what it is doing, can you tell me if I am seeing more of the GOP3Zilla performance in one REC MODE and more of Sedna in another or is it all GOP3Zilla-ish just using the Sedna tables?

I love this setting. Thank's for your work on GOLGOP and GOP3ZILLA!

• In 24H of GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_BETA, 24p80% is available. :-)

• @spike08: I did not start to compare Mysteron vs. GOPzilla quality wise, as Mysteron was simply to unstable for me - what would it help if Mysteron offered a better quality, if my camera crashes 10 minutes into a dive, when I am unable to power-cycle it (just switching off/on was not enough to make the camera work again, and you sure don't want to remove the battery while under water... :-) )

• UPDATE(2012/04/26):GOLGOP3-13 and GOP3ZILLA with stock matrix are updated.http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/58914#Comment_58914

I release "GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_BETA", "GOLGOP3-13_V4.3_BETA2" and "GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA4" settings.

In these, new GOP tables are adopted experimentally. Seemingly "GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_BETA" is very Q13 setting, and realizes low qp aggressively in 24p. "GOLGOP3-13_V4.3_BETA2" and "GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA4" are the completely same settings except Q value. I am not sure which is better. And 9GOP was adopted in 60p of all these settings. Since AQ1 was too aggressive for 720p, it was returned to Q13 and Q15.

Please try them. :-)

*Already combined with @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frame.

*24p80%(30p) is available.

*In camera playback is available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*EX Tele works.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L, 60p, 50p with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In FSH and HBR mode, maybe not. (Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_BETA.zip
    853B
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13_V4.3_BETA2.zip
    841B
    bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA4.zip
    842B
    GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_B_24p_ISO1600_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1295 x 627 - 185K
    GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_B_60p_GOP9_ISO1600_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 630 - 180K
    GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_B_24p_ISO160_sakura_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 172K
    GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_B_24p_ISO800_night_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 631 - 174K
  • @duartix

Yes!

This is an experimental trial as written also to the upper explanation.

In these, new GOP tables are adopted experimentally. These are the completely same settings except Q value. I am not sure which is better.

Although I think that this GOP table fits GOP3ZILLA, it is the experiment of whether to be able to use also for GOLGOP3-13. Especially I adhered to Q13, Q15, and Q18 from last year, and have characterized the setting. It is just going to arrange in order to make characterization of each setting intelligible now. :-)

• @olegkalyan

I am not sure which is suitable for your purpose. However, I think GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA3 is better in using for allround.

• @ karl. Do you prefer mysteron or gopzilla in 24p? Can you tell me if there's a big difference in motion?

• @bkmcwd I looked at "GOLGOP3-13_V4.3_BETA" and "GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA3" settings. Their only difference is a Quantizer parameter=13/15.

Is this how it's supposed to be?

• @bkmcwd which settings, "GOLGOP3-13_V4.3_BETA" or "GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA3" will give better results? I do not need spanning, have 95mbs Sandisc cards. Thanks again for your great effort!

• @karl

Thanks for testing my setting and feedback! :-)

I also approve of your combining the MJPEG settings of @driftwood, and my settings.

"is there some actual example that shows the difference?"

I think that there is no actual example. I consider GOLGOP3-13 as the setting positively using low Q value of Q13 under lowlight. It tunes up so that it can be satisfactorily used also in a bright scene simultaneously with it.
    Since surely low qp is realized under lowlight, I think that noises are reproduced more finely, but there are only comment from users.

• I tried GOPzilla (after Mysteron 24H/L and FSH were not stable enough for me on a SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card), and so far I'm happy with GOPzilla. I merged the MJPEG settings from Mysteron into GOPzilla, as GOPzilla seems to not tamper with MJPEG, but Mysteron MJPEG settings looked nice and were stable.

I didn't do a spanning test with 720p60, but if that mode is improved with your next version, that's of course appreciated.

I wonder whether I should try using GOLGOP (instead of GOPzilla) - I read it might be better regarding low light noise, but is there some actual example that shows the difference?

• @har_k

Thanks always mate. Looks nice! :-)

Since I noticed the vulnerability of 60p, I improved it. The improved version will be released tomorrow. Although not changed except 60p, AQ1 may be returned to Q15 and Q13.

And, FSH and HBR were not spaned in my torture test with SanDisk 95MB/s SDXC. However, 60p of next version is spanning with this card. Of course, 50p also spans.

• @bkmcwd, Thanks for your new settings.

I used "GOLGOP3-13_V4.3_BETA" and tried a few shoot in 24p(24H) mode. The clip itself averages around 60-100Mbps, but looks very fine (high detail). And no problem in using a SANDISK Extream HD 30MB/s 16GB. (Except my poor English:-})

Next time, I will try FSH, HBR and SH.

Thanks for your great work.

GOLGOP3-13_V4.3_BETA_24p_F5_SS100_ISO200.jpg
    1342 x 629 - 244K
    GOLGOP3-13_V4.3_BETA_24p_ss.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 436K
  • @jfro

Thanks for feedback! :-) In my test, 24H can be satisfactorily spaned with 95 MB/sSDXC card. Although I did not observe spanning except 95 MB/sSDXC card until now, I would like to inquire little by little from now on.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters