Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GoPro ProTune 35mbps RELEASED + App + now HD3
  • 177 Replies sorted by
  • Original HD or Original HERO (which is SD)??

Neither can use ProTune unfortunately.

• its the HD, but the guy said he updated the firmware and it looks really nice.

what go pros can use this new firmware then?

• Which one does it look like. Only the 2nd one can use ProTune Firmware.

done-gopro-hd-hero.jpg
    600 x 600 - 40K
    gopro-hero-2.jpg
    590 x 347 - 20K
  • @jclmedia That's not a very good deal.

• @Rambo If the third one looks just like that, somebody or some team must get fired. That looks like a good old floppy disk reader ;)

• GoPro posted on Facebook today saying they are making an "Epic announcement" tonight... Any of you have an idea what this might be? GoPro3? Partnering/bought out by a major camera company?

• Twitter:

GoPro® ‏@GoPro RT @Kash_Shaikh: Tonight we share the biggest news in @GoPro history... This is going to be fun. :) #GoPro.

• If they have 120+FPS @ 720p, I'm in.

• There's been some pretty wild specs bandied about, from 4k to 240fps and 7 hr battery. Some of this came from someone's wish list that got misinterpreted and posted all over the net.

Most likely- Integrated wifi is believable and will fix some of their current issues with Hd2, 1080 60p, 720 120p, slimmer, lighter, flat square lens on housing standard, a 3 way swivel mount, better anti fog fix, Protune enabled out of the box, 2 x faster sensor/ processor , support for faster SD cards.

White - $199 - "Cheap" camera that will be in chain stores Silver - $299 - Motorsports edition which will include built-in WiFi among other new features Black - $399 - Limited" Pro movie version

• Most interesting thing in the pic with the GP3 in the lower left is that it's HDR. It is a photo, though, but there's always a chance it could get to video. Somehow. Hopefully. :) At worst, maybe it's just exposure bracketing in photo mode.

• @Rambo your most likely specs would work for me. Do you know what time the event is scheduled for tonight?

• @Hallvalla, those are the specs I've seen on a GoPro HD3 order form but it was't complete.

No idea what the announcement is tonite, it could be HD3 or a hookup with a big Event like Red Bull Spectacular or some other strategic Partnership. GoPro runs on hype, expect anything.

• @subco So epic, they skipped a generation! The future is now! :D

• The 4K

gopro-hero4-preview copy.jpg
    480 x 576 - 58K
  • And there's more

"The HD Hero 3 is a huge step ahead of the HD Hero 2. People are going to love these cameras. We will offer three models; the HD Hero 3 White Edition, Silver Edition and Black Edition. We will have three price points, and all three models have WiFi Built into them. They all share a new form factor which is the same rectangular shape (which lends itself to be mounted anywhere, including the Chest), but it's much thinner than the HD1/ HD2. The HD Hero 3 + Backpack is the size of todays camera by itself. All three models will come shipped with the new housing which incorporates an underwater lens into the housing and an improved locking latch. The camera needs to work as well under the water as above the water since it's waterproof. We did have to go to the Micro SD Card format since SD Card Trays are way to big for this camera. There are ton of other improvements; I'll send out a Camera Comparison Sheet once we have that and are allowed to send images.

Camera Line Up:

HD Hero 3 White Edition - $199 Retail. This is basically an HD Hero 1 Camera (5mp photo sensor, etc.) that includes WiFi, dive lens and the new, thinner form factor. Available 10/21/12 to ship.

1080/30, 960/30, 720/60 5MP Photo 3 shots 1 second photo burst WiFi Built in Improved Housing (locking latch / dive lens)

HD Hero 3 Silver Edition - $299 Retail. This is your HD Hero 2 camera with WiFi built in, new form factor and improved housing. Available 10/21/12 to ship.

1080/30, 960/48, 720/60 11MP Photo 10 shots 1 second photo burst WiFi Built in Advanced Features / Capture (Protune and White Balance) Improved Housing (locking latch / dive lens)

HD Hero 3 Black Edition - $399 Retail. This is brand new technology with incredible new settings. Available mid to late November to ship.

4K/15, 2.7K/30, 1440/48, 1080/60, 960/100, 720/120 12MP Photo 30 shots in 1 second (plus many more burst settings where you can control how many shots in the burst and how long the burst lasts) WiFi Built in Remote Control Included (only on this model - remote is $79.95 by itself) - if you net out the price of the remote, the Black Edition is only $20 more than the Silver Edition. Advanced Features / Capture (Protune, White Balance, Continuous Photo, and Picture in Video - PIV capabilities) Improved Housing (Locking Latch / Dive Lens)

• @Rambo LOL@4K/15! Not sure I believe the microSD card thing, either.

Hopefully there will be no more BacPacs to deal with. It already has Wifi, now it just needs a built in color LCD on back. With the supposed extended run time, it shouldn't need a battery BacPac, either.

• My guess is they won't have a LCD because of the WiFi app to a smartphone.

I would love the 1440/48 and the rest. Seems like too big of a leap, more of a GoPro 4 feature set, which subco already posted a leaked image of. ;)

• The HD4 is obviously not a leaked image, it's a photoshopped one.

Talk about leapfrog the opposition if all those spec turn out o be correct.

• @Rambo it was a joke

Those specs will be amazing if true. I'm a sucker for slo-mo/hi-speed and underwater cams. I'll be preordering.

• Zoom in for a look at the new HD3

image image

image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 387K
    image.jpg
    960 x 720 - 109K
  • ha, that looks to taken from a camera on his foot - looks good.

• You can see how thin the new cameras are, nice