Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
5.6" 1280x800 on camera monitor with peaking, aka H056
  • 344 Replies sorted by
  • Looks great! When?

• @bigdog

next day deals

You can read, right? :-)

• Where do we put the battery? :)

• +1 to 'Where's the battery plate?'

• any chance powering this little guy from gh2/gh3 internal battery?

• any chance powering this little guy from gh2/gh3 internal battery?

You are joking, right? :-)

Get any universal power solution and it'll work (from 12v)

As for battery plate, just wait a little.

• no, just wanted to know if it´s possible somehow :) having this monitor powered just from gh2 battery grip would be nice

• @hedrox

Look at the watts consumed and after this check your school course :-)

• It is one of the first, hand assembled monitors, hence no plate present on photos :-)

But it must come with Sony plate.

• Any chance of getting frame guidelines implemented on this metal case version of the H056 in the future Vitaly?

• @dansyver

We'll see. But I have no idea for now.

monitor.jpg
    800 x 579 - 79K
  • Thanks for pic. Sunhood seem a bit disapointing, same as battery plate. Sony?

• Sunhood seem a bit disapointing, same as battery plate. Sony

What all this mean?

• it mean than i fond the sunhood solution cheap. A kind of fabric with holes... Yes its a metal case, and its nice but i wish the same for the sunhood. Thats all it mean!

• @slacklaporte

What do you want? Carbon with magnetic attachment?

As for real, it is one of the best solution (better is only collapsible sunhood one on Ruige monitors, but this one is patented). It is easy and very secure to attach. Easy to transport, and almost impossible to break.

• the same idea but in metal. 3 plates of metal foldable. U can put socket in the monitor. 95% of the time the sunhoods are on my monitors, i got some "cheap" plastic some hood on liliput and they never broken. imagine in metal, it will give u for real robust plus a professionnal look.

• @slacklaporte

I'll better pass on reply, as I'll write something too harsh.

As for professional - get custom cap with "Professional" word on it. It'll help.

• Sunhood looks good to me, better than the old one. This one fastens on the sides and looks like it comes with screws, also nothing "unprofessional" about it.

Why metal?... It's a light blocker for a monitor, not flags on a matte box. Fabric looks good, weighs less than plastic or metal it blocks out the sun. What more do you need.

This thing is awesome for the price.

• Soft monitor hoods are always a good idea. I had a soft hood from "hoodman" velcroed onto my on-board monitor in my focus pulling days.

Sew some velcro on the cloth side, stick some adhesive backed velcro on the metal monitor and you're golden. Believe me, cloth doesn't break, crease or split AND... folder it over on your quick location moves, and you've got a screen protector too.

Filmmaking is not "all" about how professional something looks on set, it's about what you do with the tools you have (creative), properly utilizing their functionality (technically) and how much you can accomplish in the time allotted. Quality AND quantity, it's a tall order. After one run & gun shoot, you'll be thankful that's a cloth sunshade.

At least IMHO and experience from the field.

• Hey guys, first of all, i know the difference on "how professional something looks on the set" and "how professionnal someone is on the set". I will not debate on this with you because i think like you. I simply said than i'm personnally disapointed about the sunhood, because i prefer metal or other material. Thats all. I'll try this sunhood and may be i'll love it. We will see. And in the fact, the most important for me is, how this little monitor will work on the field. Another question was about the battery plate, wich battery will go on this? Will we get 2 or 3 different battery plate like some other monitor?

• Another question was about the battery plate, wich battery will go on this?

It is for Sony batteries.

Will we get 2 or 3 different battery plate like some other monitor?

Not this time.

• wich models? i actually own NP-F770 and NP-QM91D (is it the same base plate for these tow?) thanks fo answering :-)

• NP-F770

This one will do (as F550, F950, F750, F970)

• ooh! i must had bought one more yesterday... is it will be possible to change the battery plate if never i find somes on ebay?