Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Panasonic GF5 topic
  • 80 Replies sorted by
  • Hello.

I am not sure ... but will there be a GF5 hack? Sorry if i misunderstood...but it is not there already?

Regards Michael

• Vitaly - thank you so much for your work!

So - are you working on GF5?

Regards Michael

• Vitaly...please ;-) Will there be a hack for GF5? I am considering buying GF5 or GF3...

thanks Michael

• Sorry...missed it...you said it is next in line. Just donated! Thanks!

• Hi.

Any news on the GF5 hack?

Regards Michael

• @mschaa

Not yet. It is not me who is slow, I'll later explain the dalays.

• @Vitaly: Thanks for the answer...i would never assume you being slow!

But interesting to hear what is going on...hopefully one day the hack will be available...GF5 is a pretty nice camera to second GH3 ... so any improvement to match GH3 videos better would be great!

Regards Michael

• Hi.

@Vitaly Sorry, i do not want to push this...but any news about the delays as you said in your previous post? I am just interested...so if you could give a time schedule that would be great. Not an exact one...just something like soon, never ... Seems not many people are interested in a Gf5 hack?

Regards Michael

• @mschaa

It is not never. But things do not depend on me only here.

• Does GF5 hdmi output while recording ?

• @Vitaly So there will be a GF5 hack one day...that is fine for me!

Thanks, Michael

• Hello Vitaly.

How about the explanation you promised? Any progress with GF5?

BTW: Fotga deal arrived - thanks!

Regards Michael

• How about the explanation you promised? Any progress with GF5?

I have some progress, but explanation will be later.

• @feha, I am curious about this also. I would guess not, since I do not see it in the specs, but I do not have a mini-hdmi cable to test.

• I wait GF 5 hack ... Thank you

• Can anyone confirm if G5 outputs video on HDMI while recording ?

• So sorry there are never any news about the GF5 hack. I am still wondering if it will be there one day. I think i will get a GX1 now...and sell my GF5...

@Vitaly - Any news about GF5? Thanks Michael

• Here is some video made with the GF5:

I am also hoping for the hack eventually.

• Hi, I'm new here.
    Without a firmware release, is there anyway to modify the language of a Japan Domestic GF5? Sorry if this a silly question. Thanks

• GF5 hack i wait ... thank you

• What is with all of these Lumix cameras having a one minute max shutter speed. I would really like to do some night sky shots but 60 seconds will not cut it. With the software shutter I would think that this would be built into the camera but if a G5 hack is around the corner, I hope that a longer shutter speed is included. I would donate so hard for something like that.

• I'm still waiting ... Can I use the firmware(hack) from the GF3 for GF5? Thank you

• Can I use the firmware(hack) from the GF3 for GF5? Thank you

No, of course.

As for waiting - ask Panasonic :-)