Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GF2 Still Pictures Hacks?
  • Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody has been working on hacks for the "Still Pictures" modes of the GF2 (or any of the Panasonic DMC series for that matter), or if anybody would be interested in doing so? Vitality has done some AMAZING work on the video portion of the different cameras, but the truth is I just don't shoot video that much...

I would be very interested in having firmware hacks for Still Pictures, in particular modifed settings for the "Auto (burst) bracketing".

I'd be willing to work on the hacks, but I've never hacked any firmware and I have absolutely no idea where to start. I've coded a little bit in assembly language a while back (and I regularly code in high-level languages), but I wouldn't mind getting back into it if necessary.

Looking forward to a good discussion on the subject... :)

- sugarandspam

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks for answering, Vitality!

I've just spent 2 hours going through the entire post you've suggested and the FAQs :) However, there is no mention of any hacking / patches for the various "Picture" modes of the cameras.

What I'd be interested in is adding an entire section to PTools in order to create patches for "Still shooting" (aka pictures or photos) rather than video. Would that be possible? I'd be willing to work somewhat on the development if necessary, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Thank you and have a nice day! :)