Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Alive - GH2 Driftwood Dark Matter V3 outdoors test
  • This is a short piece with two different color grades using the GH2 and the Driftwood Dark Matter Hack. Loving the detail and the gradability of the driftwood settings. Planning on shooting a short narrative in the same location.

THE LAST SHOT IS JUST A SHOT OF THE MOON with 300mm 2.8 and Tele extended. Detail is amazing... Lenses used:

Lumix/Leica 25mm 1.4 Tokina 11-16mm Canon 300mm L 2.8

Enjoy!

PS: download the 1080p version, still not as good as the raw footage but better than vimeo compression.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Well composed! Inspiring!

• @kihlian thanks! Im hoping the actual short narrative im shooting here has that feeling!

• I find the rhythm of the images very well chosen, is relaxing but not annoing, not easy to do. The colors are also beautiful, what direction you graded?

• @kihlian for the first half I only used Final Cut and the three way color corrector to manipulate the curve, and add saturation, for the second half I used Magic bullet looks, probably a variation of the bronze setting.

I usually use the COLOR App in FCP studio, but since this was just a test I stayed within final cut. The color APP is much higher quality and has a lot of refinements

I really enjoy color grading.