Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Recommend GH2 patch for shooting a theatrical production
  • In a few weeks, I'm going to be shooting a local theater's production. I've done this before with my Panasonic TM700, and I've had great results, but I'm considering using my GH2 for this one. But it will require using a patch-- and since much of the patch discussion is a bit on the technical side for me, I'd like to ask for a recommendation.

I'll be shooting 24fps, and I don't anticipate requiring any of the higher ISO speeds since the stage will be well-lit. I'd like to install a patch that enables good quality audio, a bit rate of at least 28 mbps but no more than 44 mbps, and reliable continuous shooting for perhaps an hour to 90 minutes. Is there a patch that offers this already? Or, if I have to adjust the settings manually in pTools, which settings should I use?

Thanks for any advice.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • @Brian_Siano Definitely take a look at the "Recording Classical" thread above. I would just mention that 44mbps is considered at the lowest end of hacked footage with many patches in the 66-75mbps considered to be "low-bitrate".

• I think classical topic is enough.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions