Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 batteries discussion
  • 52 Replies sorted by
  • Tetakpatak is correct. GH2 / FZ200 batteries are not the place to save money. Use Panasonic.

I could give you discharge curves, voltage cutout points, and capacity figures, as I have studied this extensively. I use these batteries to power my HERO3 and other USB-powered cameras. But I doubt it would change the decision of anybody thinking of going down the clone pathway.

The Panasonic BLC12 is a unique battery, with a very smooth discharge curve. I have never seen any equivalent batteries, although I have tested many of the much-touted 'clones'...

• Any battery that is not decoded is trouble for yr GH2. That means the camera cant read the battery life, and the battery icon is not manifest on yr screen. @tetakpatak was obviously freaked out by my experience. he still remembers it :-)

Yeah, my camera came to a point where it couldnt read original batteries, and kept telling me it didnt recognise them. Shortly after, my logic board short circuited. Cost me $350 to change the damn thing. Lesson learnt: like @tetakpatak said, dont stinge on original bats.