Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SANITY 4 and 5.1
  • 1139 Replies sorted by
  • Will this work with PNY Class 10 Cards?

How much footage can you record on 16GB card give or take in 24P H mode?

• From memory...
    It was one off the first good 720 patches, so i did use for a long time.
    and to be honest, the latest patches are so good, that i am get spoiled...

• @Mozes You tested 3.1 vs 4 back to back under the same lighting conditions? Or is that from memory?

SpanMyBU v1 and Sanity v3/3.1 were my codecs of choice at NAMM, so I`m curious.

• @Ralp_B i did like version 3.1 more.
    That version did give (for me) a much more clean image....
    i did put the sedna A matrix in sanity4, but there is still a lot of noise.
    i did only test it in 720 tele2 mode
    So that can explain some, but still more noise the v3.1

• @Ralph_B

unfortunately I get write speed errors on SanDisk 95MB/s (32GB) in HBR mode (PAL).

• Impressive settings, great IQ, great QP and excellent efficiency. Will they hold at high ISOs?

• Sanity 3.1

• Thanks a lot I will try it tonight. Currently i am using sanity 3.1 and I love it. I am new in this business, I only can help uploading videos, no idea about parameters.

• I've tried it, look nice, a bit more saturated compared to Cake, which I also like..

Could you describe your approach, what's was the premise on creating this patch apart of stability?

• thanks @Ralph_B files look great, hard to believe that bit rates are that low. Definitively worth a try under different light conditions. Which picture style / settings did you use for these samples?

• Downloaded the files ...Umm.... that 720 is nice, dang not much between any of them. Bit of sensor noise in them all, but was 1/2000 shutter after all. Good work Ralph. Choices...damn.

• @Ralph_B , did you try Cluster v1 ?

• Video Bitrate 24H=66000000 Video Bitrate 24L=29300000 Video Bitrate FSH/SH=32000000 Video Bitrate FH/H=24000000

• What's the bit rate at 24p?