Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
The Evil Empire 3
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • Okay, but how does that work since most of the content is user generated?

"User generated" are just bad words for real situation. As I said, this guys filter groups, help fight opponents, prevent organization of one people and enforce organization of the other. Plus it is giant database of your actions (also tracked on many outside sites), your data, your comments, your contacts.

Don't like some new politic in small country who can make problems for your corporations stealing resources? Send him his sites visits and few comments made in private mail and conversations 15 years ago then he was in school. Sounds nuts? Nope. This is real goal of all this stuff.

• Vitality, you have a point..I was telling people this a few years ago and they laughed at me, but as I recall they laughed at the man who over a hundred years ago who tried to tell people that microbes, invisible to the human eye, were the cause of infections..now we know better.

• Okay, but how does that work since most of the content is user generated?

• So you're saying the forces behind social media deliberately shape opinion of the masses?

They are not only shaping opinion. They are just a tools. New generation of tools. Much more dangerous.

That they're propaganda machines?

Propaganda is too limited word for this. They are new kind of weapon.

Making analogy, something like a lion. While he is young , he is fun to play and all. But it won't be against eating you later :-)

• So you're saying the forces behind social media deliberately shape opinion of the masses? That they're propaganda machines?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions