Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Mac Video Analyzer - GH2 File Formats?
  • Is there any recommend Mac video analyzer for Mac's users? I have been searching for it, but I haven't found anything as close as the ones I have seen for PC. Thanks in advance.

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • We use StreamParser here. You can use any solution to run Windows on you Mac. Many such solutions exist.

• Windows programs on a Mac are a horrible user experience. Of course we could use Wine or a VM but that's not really convenient. I'm also interested in a native solution.

• You've clearly never used Parallels then.

• I've used it but that doesn't magically change the interface to a Mac one. You can just use the programs inside OS X.

• I've used it but that doesn't magically change the interface to a Mac one.

LOL :-)

• @Pechente

Just LOL.. :-) this made my day..

• Vitaliy_Kiselev, Pechente and itimjim, Thank you for your prompt response. I have StreamParser for Windows. It is running fine on a PC. I tried to installed it on Mac under Wine and CrossOver Game. The installations didn't work. They asked for some previous files structure that because of my ignorance on PC, I didn't know how to do it properly. Also, I want to avoid files transfer between both platforms and to carrier a PC on set just to use Ptool and Streamparser. If there is no native Mac solution, then, I'm going to opt for Parallel desktop.

• Virtualbox is a free virtual machine software for mac, pc and linux. Ptools runs fine under a virtual Windows system powered by VirtualBox.

• StreamParser won't run under Wine or CrossOver. I believe it expects a Microsoft development library that doesn't exist in Wine. This topic has been well discussed here on other threads. I haven't found a comparable application to workaround the problem. The only solution seems to be to run an authentic Windows in Parallels or some other form of virtualization.

• alivewire and bdegazio, thanks for your response. I'm waiting from Parallels Desktop to arrive from Amazon. It seems to be the straight solution for Mac's users.