Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Matching AF100 look with GH2
  • Is anyone shooting with both AF100 and GH2? Have you found a good way to make the two cameras' profiles match closely?

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • OK, I found somewhat of an answer on dvinfo.net forums from Kevin McRoberts. I'm posting it here in full in case someone else finds it useful.

It's still not "perfect," but it's OK.

• GH2 (TerraQuake) - probably won't change significantly in other hack flavors Nostalgic, -2x4 +5 magenta in white balance

• AF100 DTL -4 VDTL -4 CORE -2 CHLV -7 CHPH +7 MPED -2 DRS 1 GAMM B-PRESS KNEE LOW MATRIX NORM1

...and for what it's worth:

• HVX200P DTL 0 VDTL 0 CORE -2 CHLV -2 CHPH +7 MPED -2 GAMMA B-PRESS KNEE LOW MATRIX NORM

GH2 is still far more saturated than the other 2, but that's an easy dial-down in post vs any color matching - which you kind of need to do to counter the magenta. You can compare adding/not adding the magenta/chroma phase shift, I do that to counter the cameras' natural green shift and deal with the slight post tweaks.

• I too am trying to figure this out. What I have been doing is shooting:

GH2 - Nostalgic -2x4 plus Tiffen FL-D filter AF100 (to samuri) -3 DTL -3 VDTL -3 CORE -2 CHLV -7 CHPH -2 MPED -2 DRS 0 GAMM Cine-D MATRIX NORM1

The GH2 is still crazy sharper and more saturated, but the flouro filter seems to help kill the magenta issue. I'm not really pleased with my af100 shadows though.

I also shoot with Kinoflows though with a green spike, so there's that.