Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Comparison of online payment services for digital products
  • I am just setting up my website - www.prosya.com - for selling software and films. I had originally thought that paypal would be the one to go with. But it turns out there are many countries that paypal does not work in.

I am using Wordpress with Easy Digital Download theme with some integrated payment processing i.e. Amazon pay and Paypal. I will definitely offer these for payment options.

So what do you recommend ? - I want to be able to accept money in all the BRICS - Brazil, Russian, India, China, South Africa.

So far I have looked at Transferwise, 2Checkout as well.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • @zcream

Stay away from Amazon or Paypal, for small guys they are dangerous.

• Has anyone used Amazon Pay as a seller ? I wonder if there are any issues with tax withholdings.

• Yes, I am going to use transferwise, but they do not accept third party credit cards.

• I have not used them for that purpose, but I am very happy with the service offered by transferwise for managing multiple currencies, so that's something.

• @zcream

I mean you can ask local bank and similar things about credit cards processing.

• Have you looked at 2Checkout ? It has the highest range in terms of nations.

• Need to find processor for credit cards.

Paypal is one big disaster for anything like service, software and such.