Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
What do we know about the novel coronavirus?
  • 3274 Replies sorted by
  • D614G: Malaysia detects new coronavirus strain that is 10 times more infectious

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia has detected a strain of the new coronavirus that’s been found to be 10 times more infectious. The mutation, earlier seen in other parts of the world and called D614G, was found in at least three of the 45 cases in a cluster that started from a restaurant owner returning from India and breaching his 14-day home quarantine. The man has since been sentenced to five months in prison and fined. The strain was also found in another cluster involving people returning from the Philippines.

The strain could mean that existing studies on vaccines may be incomplete or ineffective against the mutation, said Director-General of Health Noor Hisham Abdullah. The mutation has become the predominant variant in Europe and the US, with the World Health Organization saying there’s no evidence the strain leads to a more severe disease. A paper published in Cell Press said the mutation is unlikely to have a major impact on the efficacy of vaccines currently being developed.

“People need to be wary and take greater precautions because this strain has now been found in Malaysia,” Noor Hisham wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday. “The people’s cooperation is very needed so that we can together break the chain of infection from any mutation.” While Malaysia has largely managed to prevent a resurgence of the virus seen elsewhere in the world, the number of new cases found in the country has been picking up. The country confirmed 26 new cases on Saturday, the most since July 28, and added 25 cases on Sunday.

• the 12 top U.S. billionaires have seen their combined wealth soar by 40%—or $283 billion—since the coronavirus began spreading rapidly across the U.S. in mid-March.

This is the guys who are responsible for that we see around.

• Wealth is like an iceberg. This is only the visible wealth above water. These are just the mini oligarch peons who are giggling as their stocks go up. That will end as soon as they stop buying out the bottom of middle class investors. And in their world the possibility, though remote, still exists to die broken and poor. History easily proves this to be the case. Not so, the real wealthy 'uber oligarchs' who actually control political policy like the rockefellers or the rothschilds, and they aren't on any top ten richest list. Their wealth is nearly infinite. They're the bosses of these mini oligarchs, and the mini oligarchs will dance to their marching orders. Each country has it's own mini oligarchs list, but you never see the rothschilds/rockefellers , or the queen of england ....or china's junta....or any other countries illustrious dictators on these lists, when it's obvious they are far more wealthy. They're the iceberg under water. And they've come for america. This was a design. China was prepared, reflected the virus to america , and had already hoarded all the ppe. Their oligarch were most certainly the technical instigators of said design. Obviously their uber oligarchs were working in tandem with the other icebergs. It worked even better than anticipated. Like 911, executed to an almost superhuman perfection. Whatever the true meaning of the design, we can be certain it's grand in all its aspects, because I can't see that accumulating for just the benefit of accumulating is worth the risk. These uber oligarchs, as well, are risking their necks for their design. They must need that wealth for something mythic.

• @kurth

It is not about coronavirus, it is about "theories" common to bad right wing sites. Theories have nice design for the weak of mind, as instead of putting blame to real ruling class people and their real support facilities they constantly tell about some advanced and invincible net (aka "deep state" in its worst meaning) that is hidden but actually guide each and every move.

• @Vitaliy...or it's about being indoctinated by the state and living in siberia. And I didn't mention some invisble net ...I named names. People living and breathing air, who everyone knows are more wealthy and more powerful than names in your article. Yet you continue to ignore their existence....like good mi6.

• @kurth

It is invincible net, as these people must have some means to control almost everyone and everything according to this theory.

Huge holes in theory are also that in real life it is specific owner and capitalist who fucks up people, it is specific bank who do it. And I don't reject that lot of big influential people can be not much public figures for masses, but none of them are secret and all of them are wealthy and connected within real elite.

Btw very popular theory from same line - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion

• No, COVID can't be lab created, of course not

Officials in the Florida Keys approved a plan to release over 750 million genetically modified mosquitoes. Named OX5034, the mosquito has been genetically altered to produce only female offspring which die in the larval stage, before they can hatch and start biting things. Only female mosquitoes suck blood, which they require to mature their eggs. Males feed on nectar and are not carriers for disease.

To grow them to adulthood, however, the antibiotic tetracycline is added to the water - creating batches of sterile OX513A which would be allowed to mate with females, whose offspring would inherit the self-destruct programming and die.

What if actually coronavirus is similar? It is designed to accumulate defects of certain sort, hence we can see associated reduction of cases despite lack of masks and reduction of deaths despite nothing changes since initial stages in the treatment of sick people.

• @Vitaliy....your secret police wrote that little book

• @kurth

.your secret police wrote that little book

You mean czarism secret police (just the term yo used sucks as it is inaccurate). It is not most popular theory among big amount of them.

• Ukraine

Bad consequences of "you don't need masks as free people".

sa14182.jpg
    800 x 518 - 81K
  • America's covid-19 death toll is higher than anywhere else in the world. The richest country in the world is having trouble holding things together in the face of the COVID pandemic. To find out why, RT Documentary visits the #COVID hotspots of New York City and Florida. There, ordinary people and analysts, homeless people and nurses talk about the underlying social conditions causing the chaos.

• It''be pain and suffering

The IRS forecasts there will be about 229.4 million employee-classified jobs in 2021 -- about 37.2 million fewer than it had estimated last year, before the virus hit, according to updated data released Thursday. The statistics are an estimate how many of the W-2 tax forms that are used to track employee wages and withholding the agency will receive.

• State Health Commissioner Dr. Norman Oliver told 8News on Friday that he plans to mandate coronavirus vaccinations for Virginians once one is made available to the public.

Virginia state law gives the Commissioner of Health the authority to mandate immediate immunizations during a public health crisis if a vaccine is available. Health officials say an immunization could be released as early as 2021.

Dr. Oliver says that, as long as he is still the Health Commissioner, he intends to mandate the coronavirus vaccine.

"It is killing people now, we don’t have a treatment for it and if we develop a vaccine that can prevent it from spreading in the community we will save hundreds and hundreds of lives," Oliver said.

• @Vitaliy....We all gotta admit, there's alot of disinformation , in every country, about the pandemic. I'm american, and I've got to ask my friends and family, who are actually there, and see the real truths occurring in the usa with their own eyes. The media is a prepackaged product, and unless your real personal experience bears witness, one never really knows what the truth is on the ground. Even living in mexico, it's almost impossible to know what's really occurring here. I'd personally like to hear 'your' real on the ground experience , not your cherry-picked information about a place you've most likely never visited, and have zero personal experience to support your obvious overwhelming interest of. From what I've read, mordor is almost just as bad, in our press anyway. People should speak with authority about a place only when they have actual personal experience of it.

• @kurth

Well, may be read topic not frequently, I wrote about Mordor and that happens.

Mordor is not too different from other places. Present idea is to totally control PCR tests, have as few as possible people in hospitals and report only them (but only after smoothing them out, hence delays). All other people must remain home and make the situation look nice.

I do not support your approach about "personal experience" becoming main thing here as it is again same "common logic" and similar shit.

• Well, I don't see post after post concerning the problems your own area of expertise would presume. And I didn't mention 'common logic'....whatever that is ? I'm talking about an old philosophical question of whether a priori knowledge exists without empirical observation. I suspect you know alot more about corona in mordor...based on your own empirical experience, contrary to what you think you know about the usa, based on your choice of subjects.

• @kurth

contrary to what you think you know about the usa, based on your choice of subjects.

This part is reason to write all else :-).

It is so childish.

[VK - personal things are for PM, @kurth ]

• Vitaliy are you some kind of special human by your advance technique of thinking?

Please explain us what is the uncommon logic? Since we all just seem to be using “just the common one” here.

• @endotoxic

Well, common "logic" (or "common logic", this is how term is being written by me) is just simple term I use to refer to lack of normal logic - situations where individual rely on common opinion of the herd. Same is true as individual want to use some way of reasoning that looks like logical, but reasoning lacks some steps or is based on fully wrong assumptions.

May be chosen English term is not best (one in Russian is precise), but it best I could do for now and it is that we have.

• South Korea, here we go again

sa14193.jpg
    800 x 459 - 41K
  • News conference with President @realDonaldTrump at 6 pm tomorrow concerning a major therapeutic breakthrough on the China Virus. Secretary Azar and Dr. Hahn will be in attendance.

Huh.

• Nice developments and good reminders

BLM protesters in Portland took to the streets once again Saturday night, dragging a mock guillotine through a suburban neighborhood, where they burned American flags and 'executed' a stuffed bear.

sa14202.jpg
    631 x 481 - 52K
  • No vaccines is proven effective but capitalist already draw happy charts

sa14203.jpg
    800 x 519 - 58K