Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Microsoft plans to kill WIndows 10 Mobile support completely
  • Windows 10 Mobile, version 1709 (released October 2017) is the last release of Windows 10 Mobile and Microsoft will end support on December 10, 2019. The end of support date applies to all Windows 10 Mobile products, including Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise.

Windows 10 Mobile users will no longer be eligible to receive new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free assisted support options or online technical content updates from Microsoft for free.

Story of Microsoft sudden decisions and destruction of all Nokia brand and amazing mobile engineers team is very interesting.
    Some of top Microsoft investors became very afraid at some point and literally demanded destruction due to Windows mobile not heling their investments in Google and Apple to grow good. And all the else followed.

Design and internal structure of Windows 10 Mobile had been best among competition and some architecture decisions are still unmatched.

With the Windows 10 Mobile OS end of support, we recommend that customers move to a supported Android or iOS device

Sounds nice.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • @robertGL

It had been decision by their core shareholders (who also happen to be core shareholders of Apple and Google), they even had special man responsible for Nikia destruction and later OS team killing.

• "what's wrong with Android?" I don't want to use it, and i like Windows mobile OS. I think this is a sh*tty decision from Microsoft

• @brudney

I think it is just habit thing, all mobile OSes are suitable for every day work.

But I consider Windows mobile to be best among them (as all other actually took design from older Windows Mobile) and they had lot of fresh ideas, same as palm OS.

• Seriously, what's wrong with Android?

I too was very happy with WP the last couple years but when my Nokia fell and screen broke I switched to Android and never looked back.

• Such a waste of potential. I'm still not sure where I'll end up when I finally have to abandon ship but I'm still using my WP for now. I have tried a modern Android phone to see how bad switching would be and I found that I preferred using a WP with a shattered screen and a bad battery than the 800$ Android phone in my pocket. So I returned it. I guess maybe I'll try an iOS device when the time comes. I've never used one before so maybe it won't be so bad...

• @Energy80s

They killed mobile department and most development.

But overall it had been best mobile OS by far made by people who actually understand design for hands and smartphones.

• To be honest, I thought they had killed it years ago!