Personal View site logo
Best gear deals, direct from factories - CatchIt deals and Special deals. Also check Cameras, lenses, software, gear deals.
You support is vital for us. To keep this place ad free and independent, select one of the options below.
Donations are going to project support costs and work (hosting, etc).
I am spending good amount of time on it and your support allows to improve and expand this site.
contribution size
GH2 fw 1.0E vs 1.0F
  • Hi to all. I have bought recently new GH2 from EU. Today I have decided to update of my GH2 of modified 1.0E fw instead of a factory installed fw 1.0F (version F is visible in service a mode). As a result I have received a surprise, at observance of all requirements for updating at presence in a root folder of a card of a file of the modified 1.0E fw file, its GH2 simply doesn't see it. At pressing play button the camera simply offers viewing of contents of a card. At placing in a root folder both versions, modified 1.0E fw file and new official 1.1 the camera also sees nothing. And only at presence in a root folder of official version 1.1 my GH2 suggests it to be update. How I understand, without hacking 1.0F or 1.1 way to the expanded functions for new bodies GH2 is closed? Excuse me for my English :) Thanx!

• 1 Reply sorted by
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions