Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Noise when shooting VIDEO of landscape with aperture of 22
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • @RRRR I'm using a 32gb Sandisk 30mbps. So maybe the card is not fast enough and its going into fall-back mode? I'm sticking with mpgxsvcd's 40mbps hack for now :)

• I just met the same trouble with my gh2 and lumix 20mm Lens. Very noisy at f16... Sunny day and patched with the last sanity version...

• @Jrb it should be fast enough if the card is formatted in-camera in between patching.. if you get similar results, try doing a Low level format (do a one pass or 7-pass format in osx) to see if the performance improves.. If you look around the forum I'm sure you can find topics about card performance - there was a thread recently where someone linked formatting software that should help get the best out of your card.

Really, you should be able to use better quality patches than the 40mbps one (without issues). I use that one only for long takes - where IQ is secondary to reliability.

• @proaudio I was HD100 guy too. Nice cam. Good 720p beats mediocre 1080p.