Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GPUs after mining, what to look for?
  • 41 Replies sorted by
  • @konjow

Paypal paid this refund from other people money (fees).

Such scam is usually planned good, and this guys get tens of thousands of dollars.

• OK I know what you saying but from what I can see it makes no sense

• OK I know what you saying but from what I can see it makes no sense

It makes lot of sense, or you think that they got access to established ebay shop by accident?

• Great post on video cards for editing!

• @vitaliy but you know you cant take money straight away from paypal as before. It was good year ago but not now. Thats why I dont understand how they bypass this.

• @konjow

Can you elaborate that you mean exactly?

• I cant take money out of paypal from buyer for a long time. Im not sure if its certain days from paid in. They are on balance but pending. Im not selling ofter but discovered this when I got paymant last time few months ago. I thing its new protection from tricks like above.

• @konjow

No, it is not new protection, and it happen exactly on accounts who sell rare.

For big shops such is not used at all, as far as I know.

• if so bravo Paypal

• Is this a OK card?

Optimally I wanted the ASUS 1070 / 1070 Ti STRIX ROG card with three fans, but they are too expensive new and seems hard to find these days.

While this ASUS CERBERUS card seems to offer the same performance allthough with only two fans.

Asus1070Ti.png
    566 x 408 - 250K
  • @EspenB

As topic is about used and such cards can look for this ($389)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1FT-000A-000G3&Description=1070%20Ti&cm_re=1070_Ti--1FT-000A-000G3--Product

As for new, you can get RTX 2070 for similar price now

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814932091&Description=rtx%202070&cm_re=rtx_2070--14-932-091--Product

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Unfortunately local prices here in Norway is not so well matched. 1070/1080/Ti cards seems to disappear each day, probabbly all End Of Line (at least from the local distributors) in anticipation of the cheaper RTX cards in the pipline for january 2019.

Thus some dealers which have the Asus 1070 Ti Cerberus in large quantities have a significant price drop now. STRIX ROG is difficult to find in stock at all.

I guess my initial question springs out from the some confusing numbers of different cards based on the exact same GPU and memory, segmented mostly by different cooling pipes, fan designs and RGB lights. Really how many card variations do a manufacturer need to provide for the same GPU? :-p

Do you really need to care unless you are a overclocking gamer.

• @EspenB

Topic is more about used cards. Check https://www.finn.no/

As for fragmentation - difference is also in VRM (DC-DC converters) and it's components quality.

• RX480/RX470 are really cheap on taobao now, also can use pair of them for Resolve

For delivery look for proper intermediary on your country.

sa6228.jpg
    742 x 417 - 66K
  • Friend of mine offers to get few RX480 from taobao for cheap. Same as Vitaliy referenced above.