Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Olympus EM-5 topic
  • 386 Replies sorted by
  • I have a Zoom H1 and it's ok. If you don't like his integrated mics, you could attach another external mic in it and use it only as a recorder.

• I am syncing external audio (not connected to the camera) about 4 years. It easy with Pluraleyes software. Some clips (about 5%) I sync manually.

• Great! This software looks fantastic! Think i'll go with zoom h1. Thanks to all

• btw...buy a rode mic and they're giving pluraleyes for free.

• Well, i think this is a good option but i don't want any cable around the "set" and at first if i've to work manually is not a problem (a clap at the start and a continue recording with the camera, the problem has gone).

• About what cables are you talking? Zoom H1 near the talking person or Zoom H4n (for DJ or any sound mixer at event or concert)

• the cables of any Mic as the rode or others. No problem with zoom h1..

• I think to make not only 24p projects with 30p-24p conforming of clips by Olympus and other footage 24pGH2, but to make whole projects with GH2 at 29.97p and Olympus 30p, but my editing software Avid MC not allows me use HBR of GH2, because I'm not able to conform HBR to progressive with any transcoding software, it simple throw second field and footage became less sharp than 720p.

• I think it sounds like foreign language...

I tried first time Lensbaby with free focusing spring that I use so much time at GH2...

It looks crazy, jumpy elastic picture Lensbaby with pro image stabilization!!! Very different and cool.

• I think to make not just 24p projects with 30p-24p conforming of clips by Olympus and other footage 24pGH2, but make whole projects with GH2 at 29.97p, but my editing software Avid MC not allows me use HBR GH2, because I'm not able to conform HBR to progressive with any transcoding software, it simple throws second field and footage became less sharp than 720p. So I bought second Olympus for B-Cam, EPL5 for normal speed 29.97p projects.

• Hi guys, today i've take some shot with my Em5. There's one problem: when i'm in a room and turn around, colors in camera change SO MUCH, even the lights change TOO MUCH, just watching with the camera first on the right, then to the left, and so on. What's the matter? In the room nothing change, the lights conditions are always the same. I am a bit worried...

Problems with my settins, maybe?

• the cam see outside (window) inside (tungsten neon or just shadow) if you are on auto white balance and auto exposure that's normal the cam try to adjust. try manual settings. just a guess I don't have this cam.

• Yes! it's the AWB only! I though when you choose awb, it was for the one time, before the start, then everything would be related to the moment you set the awb. But, during video, the awb makes everything changes cause it's always active. Thanks guys, but now how to set a good custom white balance without nothing with me? I think i cannot trust the preset..or...some suggest? Thanks A LOT!

• I really like this one

• @xenogears

We have separate topic made by Seb about it.

• Just ask me to stop if anybody think I post too much wed-movies...

• al_samp13.jpg
    800 x 608 - 119K
    al_samp14.jpg
    800 x 530 - 88K
  • Few questions about powering EM5.

1. How long does the stock battery last on EM5 when recording video?
    2. What about 3rd party batteries from ebay, do they show remaining charge, are they of equal capacity?
    3. How to power the camera off the wall, does it come with some adapter or one should buy accessories to do so?
  • shock battery hold more than hour, may be two, can't say exactly. 3rd party batteries show level of charge, work well but can't charge them with genuine charger. Buy set of 2 batteries and their charger at ebay. I use battery grip too it hold twice longer. No problem with shots stopped on battery runs out. Not sure about external power cord.