Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DJI Phantom 5 Mystery

Lot of statements appeared recently that Phantom 5 could have optional camera with removable lenses.

sa2336.jpg
    580 x 385 - 37K
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • Thing seems to be true.

https://twitter.com/OsitaLV

sa3249.jpg
    766 x 563 - 90K
    sa3250.jpg
    596 x 755 - 59K
  • Proprietary mount?

• @MarcioK

Yep, looks like it.

• Great if it record 10bits 4:2:2 and Raw.

• With such a small sensor, that's not a huge surprise.

I'd like that a lot - it'd be neat to have a consumer/prosumer drone which isn't always locked into shooting with a wide angle lens.

• I hope this is released soon, looking for a new drone for an upcoming travel show season. Have gone from Inspire to Mavic Pro portability and ease reasons, would be willing to go up to Phantom size for IQ.

• @flash - RAW to microSD? That'll be the day.

• @filthy, or microssd ^^

• The Phantom 4 drone with interchangeable lenses sighted in some online publications is not a DJI product for public sale. To clarify, this was a modified Phantom 4 Pro drone designed for an enterprise client to serve specific application needs.

For me it seems like they try water.

• Yup - this was flushed out a few weeks back. The twitter user linked to those photos is known for trying to pull a fast one. Did the same thing with a supposed mavic pro 2. 50mm on that camera and copter makes no sense really if you stop and think about. The stabilization of the lens on the current P4 pro already has issues at 24mm. This would likely only be suitable for stills (i.e. inspection work) at longer focal lengths.

• "To clarify, this was a modified Phantom 4 Pro drone designed for an enterprise client to serve specific application needs."

Must be a very wealthy client, to pay the development of a new mount and a set of lenses for a limited number of units... :)