Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Happy New 2012 Year!
  • Want to congratulate all our community members, and wish them big luck in 2012.

Yep, economics will be worse. But fuck it. We are all smart here, could live with it, all of us will live better in the uncoming year, I am sure:-).
    No one makes tragedy from temperature changes (except TV girls, of course). So, fuck it.

Now back to the community.

We are not large. But.
    Right now we are the only community in the field:
    1) Without any affilation with big shops (despite requests from them :-) )
    2) Without any advertisments
    3) Without on the fly links exchange
    4) Without any required payments to post about software or products made by you
    5) Without any lengthly and scary rules.
    6) With financing by community itself.
    8) Place where guys with sole purpose of choosing new camera to improve their slideshows are not treated as primadonnas (why? see 1-3 )
    7) With best signal to noise ratio.

Good community must be like "One big, happy... if slightly dysfunctional... family" (this is quote from the film I like, if you don't know)

In upcoming year we'll be larger, but will be keeping our signal to noise. Introducing new features.
    Developing new hacks. Doing many other things.

• 59 Replies sorted by
  • Happy new year everyone!
  • I'm one for a baby this year! It will be my first ;-)
    Happy New Year to everyone @Personal-View.com. My motto is to Keepin' it REAL! and that's what this forum/community is all about!
  • Thank you!
    Happy New Year...
  • S Novym Godom!
    Happy New Year!
    C Новым Годом!
  • Happy New Year to everyone on this great board and humble gratitude to Vitaliy for all your brilliant work.
    Many congratulations to Mihuel as well.
    I'm looking forward to making a couple of films this year inspired in part by the accessibility offered by the GH2 and the pro level hack.
    Cheers,
    Andrew
  • Thank you VK! Happy New Year to everyone from Mexico :)
  • thx you vk last year I bought GH2VK...and donated here with extreme pleasure.
  • Happy new year to community.
    Hope one day pany will do some open source camera 10 bits, 422 chroma subsampling etc and gives it to Vitaliy :-)
  • "7) With best signal to noise ratio."

I really liked that one Vitaly.

And yeah, happy 2012 to anyone here and let´s hope the Mayans where full of shit.

Frank
  • Happy new year 2012 to everyone from Finland! This is awesome community. I visit here everyday. Thank you VK! -yet another happy GH2VK owner 8)
  • Happy New Year!

And remember: whatever the Maya calendar says, you should live any year like it could be your last one! Make it a valuable year, everybody.
  • Happy new year to all of you.
  • Happy New Year to everyone
    LukeV
  • Happy 2012.
  • Happy New Year for everybody from Dominican Republic. :)
  • Happy new year, all! This is a great community!
  • Still a few hours left in 2011 here, but Happy New Year all! I've benefited tremendously from the collective knowledge here.
  • Happy new year to everyone. Let the creative juice flow through us. Make 2012 exciting year!!!
  • @last_SHIFT
    Like your new years resolutions... add the new 24mm to that list as well!

Happy new year everyone... (sorry for the lateness...)
  • After a rough 2011 - healing from a broken foot, being laid off in August - a bunch of things started to unfold: I started a new job on Dec 1st, 3 months ago began running again with no setbacks, and we're planning on a baby this year. Needless to say this last year made me put my priorities in order. Another huge thing is I totally went cold turkey on gear spending and keeping things bare bone - a GH2 with 14-42 kit lens, and a 5DM2 with a Nikon 50/1.8 AIS and 24-105L - perhaps i see a Samyang 85 and 35 this year and that's it.

Happy New Year to everyone, and lets get all our priorities in check!!!
  • Happy Hogmanay from Scotland
  • Still in 2011. :)
    Happy New Year Vitaliy/everyone and thanks for the incredible work. I'm fairly new and love the whole 'no affiliations' angle (#1-#8) and this is the best dSLR community on the web.
  • @Mark_the_Harp
    Wow, good point
    @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    Ad 1 )
    All are subject to the laws of physics in which the most important talks about the transfer of information about the state of being. So the basic principle of each species on earth is the desire to procreate. Without it, we stop there.
    Ad2 ) This maxim is clear from the further stage of development of life.
  • >The old one said "Let's walk up the hill...and fuck all of them".

Smart fella.
    Many scientists think that real man goals are:
    1) Procreate. Make as much babies as possible. This is same as animals.
    2) Push his ideas, knowledge and culture as much as possible. Not only to his children. This one is new in nature.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions