Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Hack the Panasonic GH5 to 8K HDR
  • GH5 was already intended/designed to be an "8K" HDR anamorphic capable camera with the latest firmware according to Mat Frazer of Panasonic!

Go to 9:27 of the following video:

His reasoning for not implementing this mode in firmware was due to YouTube not support 8K HDR yet... Maybe we could start a campaign to get Panasonic to release the full camera capabilities...

Now, if VK & personal-view subscribers can unlock the sleeping 8K HDR mode with a Hack and settings for Resolve & Premiere Pro, I think we'd garner more donations again...

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • @NickBen

It makes no sense, as GH5 will have modes with 1:1 pixel resolution. So sounds like marketing bla-bla.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=483&v=8bQbk9zhGQc

Certainly flawed test comparing 6K anamorphic from Panasonic vs RED... But which did you prefer out of the box?

Between them, I'd grab the Angenioux zoom and run... love their glass

A cam.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 315K
    B Cam.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 471K
  • @NickBen

We had this link in GH5 topic.

I prefer none, as it is pointless for most people and not useful. Around 2-3% of GH5 users use anamorphic lenses. And around same amount has any necessity for 6K (except some crop).