Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
New firmware HBR mode MTS converters
  • Hi with remux I was able to convert previous .mts files. Now with the new HBR video setting (fcp 5.0.4 and an old powerbook G4 10.5.8) remux will convert but fcp not able to import....
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • new firmware 1.1 HBR mode Samyang 7.5mm using clipwrap thx @toxotis70
  • yes rewrap (don´t alter video samples).
  • in output format you selected rerwap ?
  • @arvidtp Just because now I got lil´ disappinted I could not import those HBR 25p files... I got this mac fom a friend he doesn´t use it anymore... I need a new machine I know, but for now I have just that, and I have to make it work. This clipwrap is working I can´t believe it, but from a 8.5 mts file it makes a 12.9 .mov file.
  • as the uploader of the rewrap preset there, i must say that it does not work well with HBR 30p footage.

@chef - just curious how are you remaining sane editing HD video on a powerbook G4??? It must take forever to render things! Can it even play back the raw HBR footage at full framerate? My PB G4 from 2003 (which was a fantastic machine in it's day and has a distinguished retirement position in my kitchen as a music/podcast listening device) would choke on that I think. It was even annoying for me doing semi-complex HD editing on a Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Core2Duo :)
  • I have used media-coverter but my fcp ver won´t recon the rewrapped file. It looks like clipwrap recon the file man AGAIN I´m sorry
  • there is another solution, i think .
    This program, media converter does the same thing as remux and as i know works on PPC machines.
    http://media-converter.sourceforge.net/

you have to download the rerwap preset from here... http://media-converter.sourceforge.net/presets.html
  • ok... sorry for the confusion !
    5D2rgb can run in non intel macs ?
  • @toxotis70 sorry man it was a bad day....
  • easy dude... easy !
    I am trying to help you.
    Why cant you try my solution ?
  • @Butt I know... Soon I will change to premiere...
  • FCP is BullShit ;) sorry
  • DUDE IT SEEMS U R AN ANALPHABET I HAVE A 32BIT POWERBOOK G4 CANT U FU#+ING READ? I DONT F++##ING CARE WHAT U SUGGEST MAKE ANOTHER TOPIC FOR YOUR PURPOSE THX!
  • Remux doesnt work anymore with HBR so you can contact with the creator (if you find him) to find a solution or choose another tool to solve your problem !
    Simple as that ....
  • AGAIN CAN U READ THE 1ST POST?
  • i dont make any advertisement.... i have a serious problem (at least on FCPX) and trying to solve it.
    Colin was very polite to help me, and other gh2 owners.... in minutes!
    If you dont like , dont bother ....
  • @toxotis70 instead of making poor advertisment do u understand WE DONT NEED THIS HERE full stop.
    We need u to read the 1st POST and make some suggestion on it... full stop.
    If u need to make some ADVERTISMENT GO TO ANOTHER FORUM! THX CHEF
  • 5D2RGB encodes again the footage and takes a long time.
    Clipwrap doesn't do any re encoding, just rerwap the mts -> mov, without any conversion, so its fast.
    It doesn't increase the file sizes too.
  • 5DtoRGB works fine, even with the Telecine LUT
  • Yes, colin from clipwrap made a beta version of his software for PAL users (for ntsc he needs footage at 30i-30p).

I tried it and works perfect !
    Contact him to send you the beta version and if you want you can buy it .
  • I have tried also Rewrap-avchd with Perian, it´s converting the new 25p HBR MTS files but FCP 5.0.4 wont import... still strugglin....
  • Did Colin get this working in the new beta of Clipwrap

Good news or did I misread!?
  • try to contact Colin, and tell him about ... dmsupport@divergentmedia.com
    I also send him footage 25p, but he needs a small clip 50i
    Now, i cant send him, cause i am in work....

He needs a 25i or 50i clip.
  • I have uploaded a clip through the submission site. cheers!
  • If anyone wants to help with clipwrap (current version doesn't flag the output as progressive), send some material with new firmware (25p and 25i , 5-10 seconds) to Colin.

This is the mail i received from him...

"We can probably add support for that, but don't have any sample footage to work with. If you'd like to share some with us we can take a look. We'd need a short sample of the 25p content, as well as a short sample of 50i content from the same camera.

If you're willing to send a file, you can use our file submission website:
    http://uploads.divergentmedia.com/submitfile/caseid/4255_brf40sbclg7gp8vc

-Colin"