Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 v1.1 new firmware with 25p discussion topic
  • 637 Replies sorted by
  • Why would streamparser say 60i Wrapper?
  • Any other tests? I've got to get some rest...:)
  • Is there any difference in apparent resolution between 24p and 25p? Anybody tested that?
  • @kavadni

Can you go back to PTooled firmware after the 1.1 firmware? Or are you stuck with 1.1?

I understand that PTools does not function with 1.1
  • @shield
    Maybe streamparser is making a mistake, if they changed the encoding method in this firmware. I don't know as I don't use streamparser, but it could be possible. a screenshot at 100% with apparent interlacing could solve this promptly...
  • So, only 25p in 24Mbps...nothing on the GOP...The only way i'm getting it is when it will be cracked to do better.
  • The new firmware looks promising especially the mitigated gamma shift issue. The half-shutter looks great for photos and MF video. Hmmm.... improved noise reduction?
  • These are not impressive, however no matter to me is if psf or wrapped in whatever.
    Both Clips were taken seconds apart at 50iFSH and 25pHBR

Imported into an Avid Media Composer 25P project as DNx185X

Then a 2 field freeze frame made and saved as a jpg

The image on the left is 25P the one on the right is 50i
    25pHBR FF.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 534K
    50iFSH FF.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 812K
  • Looking pretty interlaced to me. What say you Vitaliy?

Night all.
  • @Shield

How about stopping?
    Interlaced what? If you are about images, second one is from 50i mode :-)
  • Maybe a comment about the "improve NR" and the better light adjusment of the Flash?
  • @vitally the first one looks pretty good to me .. I am happy .. it's probably psf stuff that is causing the streamparser and media info tools to show interlaced
  • "You can disable touch screen operations to prevent erroneous operation."

Yay!!
  • Hi, test HBR mode (25p - PAL)
    imported to Avid Studio, below is information that shows about HBR in AS 1.0
    25p_hbr.jpg
    866 x 763 - 88K
  • feha what about quality? can you upload small clip?
  • If anyone is willing to upload a reasonably small MTS (with movement on the footage) to mediafire or the like, I have absolutely no trouble determining (not with tools but with my also amazingly subjective and agnostic vision) whether it's interlaced or not.
    ATM other than 5fps bracketing, I see nothing that tempts me. Mine stays hacked!
  • @Derek, will do very soon ...
  • thank you

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev once you upgrade the new firmware you will be able to hack it again with the old 3.63 ? And it will be safe to upgrade it with the original firmware on it or I can directly upgrade with the aquamotion Patch? thx
  • 25p yihaa! Finally the gh2 became a fully usable great images shooting cam!

@feha: Avid Studio says it is 16bit color depth!?! Doubt that but it would be crazy if it was.

I also wonder about the better noise reduction. will it affect the normal mode (0)? or just the +2? Hopefully it is not just +2 at the level of 0nr.

Now the only thing we need is clean HDMI out to have the best low-cost-light-weight-small-size cinema and videocam in the world.

• where to upload my mts ?
    vimeo wont let me more than 500mb ...
  • megaupload?
  • First post here. Awesome site. I had a hunch before the latest firmware release that there would be a 30p mode for NTSC land, and a pal for the rest. Well I'm in Sweden and I just bought a gh2 yesterday from b&h. So now I have a NTSC camera in Pal land.....darn...darn.
  • @rumi: Have you checked the video out? If you set it to PAL it would probably give you 25p!
  • @derek, thank you, I'm uploading there soon will post the link ...
    coming soon the download link for MTS file