Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
absolute cheapest 4k camera with zoom lens and unlimited rec time?
  • I'm looking for a the cheapest 4k camera that has a zoom lens and can be set/hacked to unlimited rec time. I want to set it up on a tripod for live shows, for personal and youtube use later on. thanks guys :)

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • is G7 hack reversible? and is there any weird behaviour after the hack? if not, then indeed it is the cheapest 4k solution

• @fosterchen, I tried the hack on my G7 and it can record past 30 minutes now in 4K!!! That is just great. Thanks!

• GX85 get my vote, only $500-$600 on eBay w/the kit lens. Not sure if the PAL/NTSC hack is the same as the other Lumix cameras.

• thanks guys! the time limit we see on so many cameras in europe these days is now being imposed even on most US cameras I guess?

• JVC LS300 uses MFT lenses and can record entire SD card in one take, no hacks needed. JVC HM200 has built-in zoom lens, otherwise same as LS300. Super-cheap JVC HM170 - same as HM200, but no wireless streaming, no SDI output, just HDMI.

• The FZ1000 can be 'hacked' to have unlimited 4K (UHD) recording time. There's a method on Youtube about that, it's supposedly for changing PAL cameras to NTSC, and it apparently unlocks the 30 minute record limit in 4K mode only. I have this camera and have done this procedure and have used it for paying jobs without any problems.

• nx500 is a great value. +1.

• Can be Xiaomi m43 soon.

Or NX500 if you can find their 72 minutes memory leak and make patch mod,