Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official GH1 "Lenin" Hack Project Discussion
  • 227 Replies sorted by
  • Thats great, can't wait to see the results!
  • We got GH1 v1.34 firmware dump. I'll start to work on reversing tomorrow, must not take long.

So, here is tribute to Panasonic managment heroic efforts:

"I don't even care if I get them back, I just wanna know where the fuck they went!" will be their motto from now on :-)
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev so you don't think the reversing will take long. That is good to hear :-)
  • >so you don't think the reversing will take long

I expect about one day. We don't need full reversing here.
  • A M A Z I NG! Thank you. For those seeing this post who don't already have a GH1, the best deal I've seen on new bodies with an OIS lens is at BHPhoto $500 for body and 14-42mm (corrected)
  • would love to know what reversing is!! and dumping for that matter!

is there an old thread somewhere (on dvx?) that explains the process? would someone mind posting a link?

• Cool. Thanks Vitaliy. I gotta dust off GH1 body. I haven't touched it much since I got GH2.

BTW are you sleeping well? Don't kill yourself for delivering the hack this month. June is fine. July is fine. This year is fine.
  • Take care of yourself @Vitaliy_Kiselev, but if it's all the same ignore @stonebat's comment, the sooner the better :-)
  • > So, here is tribute to Panasonic managment heroic efforts

I gather their clever efforts were not that clever then ?
  • Concerning unhackable GH1.
    Since today no such term exist.

We just made test on second GH1 body (I do not have it locally yet, but it is not required).

So, we can downgrade any unhackable body to 1.32.

I think that new PTool version will be available since next week.
  • :)
    that is wonderful news.
    My respects for you and your crew
    400$ for a gh1 must be the best camera for that price.
    I'm really interested in the 100mb hight dinamic range patch.
    Now I have to check for fast sd cards.
    Is there a thred some where with class 10 sd cards that worck?
    again wonderful news
    thank you
  • Wow. That was fast. Thanks Vitaliy!

Actually this feels so unreal. Give an hour or two... I will start dancing and singing.
  • Wow. Vitaliy, what does this mean for the unhackable GF1?

Do you need a body to do the same, or have you gotten enough information out of the GH1 dump & reversing to do the same with the GF1?
  • >Wow. Vitaliy, what does this mean for the unhackable GF1?

I'll add similar patch to testers section for G2 and GF1.
    But can't say if this will work.
  • Go VK!
    ++++
  • V for Vitaliy!
  • >I'll add similar patch to testers section for G2 and GF1. But can't say if this will work.

Okeydoke. Will test it as soon as patch comes out.

To everybody, is the GH1 still worth buying? I can buy GH2 in about two months, or buy plain body GH1 now for the cheap. I already have lens from GF1. Probably just better to buy GH2, methinks, as that one is going to be hacked soon.
  • >To everybody, is the GH1 still worth buying? I can buy GH2 in about two months, or buy plain body GH1 now for the cheap.

Better to have both and shoot using two cameras :-)
  • >Better to have both and shoot using two cameras :-)

Might actually be good point. :) When do I have another chance to buy an extra camera cheaply, right? But maybe just buy GH2 and maybe have money left when Canon comes out with something astonishing. (Probably not any time soon.)

Panasonic better not bring out GH2 that again cannot be hacked when I buy in two months!
  • >Might actually be good point. :)

My understanding that current GH1 bodies present at Adorama, etc are all manufactured in 2011.
    With improved FPN. And this batches, most probably won't last very long.
  • >My understanding that current GH1 bodies present at Adorama, etc are all manufactured in 2011.
    With improved FPN. And this batches, most probably won't last very long.

Are you saying that all newer GH1 bodies have the improved FPN?
  • >Are you saying that all newer GH1 bodies have the improved FPN?

I don't know about all.
    But my opinion is that FPN is improved.
    You must understand that this opinion is based on one body that I had for extremely short period of time.