Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Personal View Members Collaborative Videos + Mimirsan
  • A new thread to show off team films and showreels put together by personal-view members.
  • 56 Replies sorted by
  • @johnnym :D you make me blush jajajja nah, but thank you :)
  • Can everyone who worked on the showreel pm me their vimeo name so I can add you all to the vimeo credits. Cheers, Nick.
  • @johnnym Yes, it was shot using the 10mm setting on the Canon EF-S 10-22mm. Thanks for the compliment - it's one of my favorite places to shoot.
  • @johnnym I'll about to double-check. My memory is that it was either the Canon EF-S 10-22mm or the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 pancake.
  • @thepalalias drive-by of that bus, what lens did you use? Superb lighting in that shot, i think, with the moon and bridge pillars, lighting the tree.

@lolo superb colours on the flower. I'm glad that footage was part of the reel.
  • Thank you. I'll be looking into it. and waiting for the specifics of your workflow.
    gonna try uploading mts to vimeo.
  • BTW A little known fact it seems but Vimeo does support the uploading of mts files directly with its support of AVCHD.
  • I used PP5.5 and AVC INTRA 100 for this but Ill put up the workflow a bit later on.
  • @driftwood what file format do your final HD material have and what editing software are you using?
  • @driftwood, Could you explain your workflow for this showreel?
    I'm amazed at the quality. Playing it from the xml left me speachless.
    I usually go 5dtorgb to prores444. I'm curious about workflow to AVC Intra 100.

thank you for your dedication.
  • My Viera has usb and sd card inputs so its coming off top quality.
  • @HillTop1 I wasn't trying to sell you on a PS3, just having fun. :) So what method did you want to use to playback?

I still couldn't tell if you meant a Blu-Ray player (playing a burnt DVD with HD material on it) or just plugging a cable from your computer into the TV?
  • @thepalalis, I don't have a PS3. During compression in FCP 7, I do h.264 compression. I have tried most of the compression formats in FCP and I am yet to find somethg that will give me HD quality footage to play on my tv. I know something works!
  • @HillTop1

Got it. So basically how-to "convert finished low-compression/no-compression file" into a higher compression format that's readable for your playback system?

The file posted for download on Vimeo would indeed fit on even a single layer standard DVD. But the question remains - what would you be playing it back on? A particular Blu-Ray player? A PS3? Or still off the computer?

Once the final playback method is specified, it's easier to know the best way to get there. :)

When I want to watch my HD material on my HD TV, I tend to just play the files with my PS3 (.MP4, .MTS, .M2T or a DivX .AVI) so the MP4 file posted on Vimeo works for that. This is actually quite insidious and explains why I often fall asleep on the couch review the day's footage instead of in my bed... ;)
  • LOL, after editing, rendering and exporting with to quick time movie (3gb .mov file) I am using FCP 7. My tv don't play .mov files so I can't put it on sd card or usb drive. when I burn it on dvd quality goes out of the window. I am assuming a 3gb files should fit on a dvd to play with good quality. I don't have blu-ray burner.
  • @HillTop1 Just to clarify, so that Nick can give you a clearer answer to your question. :)

1) Are you referring to playing the exact same file on a TV's card reader vs on your iMac?

2) Are you referring to playing your file back on a TV after burning a Blu-Ray?

3) Are you referring to playing your file back on a TV after burning a DVD?

4) Are you referring to connect your computer to a TV and playing the file back off of your computer?
  • @driftwood, may I ask how you do to transfer top quality footage to TV? The reason I ask is cuz I have tried many time the quality on TV is no where close to what I get on iMac. Thanks
  • @L1N3ARX If you have anything "film style", there might still be time to add it to the upcoming reel 2. You should send a message to @Driftwood. But just remember - it must NOT have been posted anywhere else yet (so the fire footage is automatically excluded).

Hope to see you on the next reel! :)
  • @CurtisMack Thank you, that's very kind. :)
  • @driftwood Looks pretty great on my older 1080i Trinitron, too. :)
  • The showreel looks soooo good on the panny viera smart tv. soooo good. :-)
  • @driftwood - Man, this is so unreal. I wish I could have been apart of this. I so would have liked to add my fire spinning footage at night. Don't know if it's worthy, but eh, would've been awesome to be included. Gonna have to come here more often so I can contribute like this... so cool.

Thanks again for these amazing patches and Vitaly for making it all possible. You are the reason people like myself don't even crave an epic / scarlet. When you got something this good and forget about price... it's hard to want any other camera.
  • @palalias - Bus Goes By was outstanding.
  • Yeah DriftDog! (could easy be your next patch name) rigth now I´m sticking to seaquake!
    My fav shot is @RRRR "birdge"
  • +Me!!!
    Wow im soooo privileged! ;-p
    Anyway nice footage. Good luck on the collab film...seems like a nice idea if it works out ;)