Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 HDMI died
  • The HDMI output on my GH2 just suddenly died. I'm using 7" Lilliput on it, nothing changed, all of a sudden it just stopped working. First, the monitor just said "no signal" but after some tweaking on/off, it just started to stay black or blue as it was receiving a signal but didn't know what to do with it. An older flat TV says "signal not supported" and a brand new LG doesn't recognize anything. The GH2 clearly thinks it's connected to external monitor, as the on-board screen flickers when connecting, ExTele is disabled, etc., so everything seems normal at that end. Tried different cables and resetted the firmware.. What else to do or try?

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Did you set GH2 HDMI mode to AUTO?

• Yeah, I've gone through every possible setting.. But I didn't change anything - just one startup and the reliable GH2 failed on me! Is there anything I could still try?

• Make good macro of connector on camera side. Most probably it is issue with it.

For next time - best is to use small cage like cable fix rig, and either short coiled cable you never remove or very short converter.

• I never took the cable off.. Anyway, if the connector or board is broken, I suppose GH2 is already too old that it would be worth to fix? There's not even a Panasonic repair shop in my country, plah..

• Remove battery and let camera sit, then replace battery?