Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Big Pharma is form of organized crime
  • Sir Richard Thompson, former-president of the Royal College of Physicians and personal doctor to the Queen for 21 years, warned tonight that many medicines are less effective than thought.

The physician is one of a group of six eminent doctors who today warn about the influence of pharmaceutical companies on drugs prescribing.

NHS is ‘over-treating’ its patients, and claimed that the side effects of too much medicine is leading to countless deaths.

And he claims the full trial data on statins – cholesterol-lowering drugs prescribed to millions - has never been published, and also points to questions about the power of Tamiflu, a drug that has cost the NHS nearly £500 million.

He accused drugs companies of ‘gaming the system’ by spending twice as much on marketing than on research.

Dr Malhotra says that prescription drugs often do more harm than good, with the elderly particularly at risk.

One in three hospital admissions among the over-75s a result of an adverse drug reaction, he claims.

A 2014 report by a panel of eminent scientists concluded that Tamiflu was no more effective than paracetamol.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3460321/How-Big-Pharma-greed-killing-tens-thousands-world-Patients-medicated-given-profitable-drugs-little-proven-benefits-leading-doctors-warn.html

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • I wonder how long it will take these 6 whistleblowers to be found dead under mysterious circumstances.

• I wonder how long it will take these 6 whistleblowers to be found dead under mysterious circumstances.

They won't be dead. Nothing will happen, except may be one or two committees who can make some obvious conclusion using only 500-600 pages and 5-6 years of work :-) After this all will forget about guys.

• I dont know, there were quite a few natural homeopathic type nutritionists and doctors who have recently been found dead under strange circumstances for speaking against the establishment.

• few natural homeopathic type nutritionists

LOL.

You mean that it some conflict between different crime syndicates?

• Whats funny? I dont understand your question. Medicine from nature was the foundation of health and healing for thousands of years before we started processing our medicine. They simply use food and plants to heal instead of chemicals.

• Medicine from nature was the foundation of health and healing for thousands of years before we started processing our medicine. They simply use food and plants to heal instead of chemicals.

Homeopathic medicine is crime, without question.

As for nature medicine and thousands of years, well, open any chart about average life expectancy even for last 200 years. And may be read some book with opinions of people who lived long ago and that they thought about most doctors and efficiency of medicine.

They simply use food and plants to heal instead of chemicals.

Also suggest some good books about chemistry. As it can be huge shock to you that most working ingredients of natural components are same NATURAL chemical components.

Carlin has good blunt and clear piece about this obsession with natural things without understanding that each and every chemical component is also natural (comes from nature and natural reactions).

• Should we ever trust drug dealers?

• Should we ever trust drug dealers?

As one guy in Russian film once said:

You should not trust anyone, even yourself, but to me you can trust.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I understand that many drugs are derived from and composed of natural substances. The point Im trying to make (and probably didnt clarify enough) is that "modern" medicine is pretty much all about treating symptoms. "Natural" medicine methods are more about fixing the underlying problem so you dont need the meds anymore. Big pharma doesnt like this, and they silence those who get very aggressive and active about it.

• Peter C. Gøtzsche & Robert Whitaker