Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Avegant Glyph
  • Fun thing how quite cheap micromirror chips are called using marketing speak :-)

And Sony for long made superior helmets with HD OLED screens, get them while you can instead of this.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • This is very different from the Sony OLED headsets. For one it is higher res (1280x720 per eye) 2 there are no visible pixels/screen door effect from the actual projection technique.

Your statement is inaccurate...

Sony had 1280x720 OLED screens even in their very old HMZ-T1. I have HMZ-T3 and like them.

Micromirror chips used are not something super new, Sony use lower res versions in their cameras with projectors :-) This 720p chips that they use are made for cheap mini projectors, not for glasses.
    Main issue with them is that contrast and colors are highly inferior compared to OLED. They also have limited life due to mechanical and heat issues that people quickly discovered as soon as started use them in mass with led light sources (not big worry for glasses, but worry for projectors).

Small addition, this item is made by designer who had very vague idea about comfort of prolonged use of such thing.

• This is very different from the Sony OLED headsets. For one it is higher res (1280x720 per eye) 2 there are no visible pixels/screen door effect from the actual projection technique.

Night and day experience compared to Zeiss Cinemizer or Sony oled.

I'd encourage you to try them, but I'm glad you noticed them.